• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontackt Player Instruments

Share/Bookmark

Kontackt Player Instruments

I just got Chris Hein Horns and noticed it said Kontackt Player.

I was unaware of that little detail. Does this mean I need to install K2 to use it, or can I just use Bidule as a host and start jamming w/ this. I don't want to take the time or chance messing up my rig as I am out of state for a couple of more days. I would prefer doing this on my downtime, and trying it out w/ other hosts, etc.

I just recently stopped using K2 and would prefer to keep it on another DAW since I got the Scarbee stuff in GVI now.

Anyone w/ experience on this VSTi and prefference of it's use would be appreciated.
    JimmyV

Re: Kontackt Player Instruments

You will need to install it with the Kontakt Player. Then you will need to register it to use it for more than 30 days. The samples will only work with the Kontakt Player or with a full version of Kontakt as they are probably encrypted files. You do not need to install the full Kontakt 2. Just install the player.

Jim

actually, though, Kontakt Player won't work on an Intel Mac, according to NI.
    Kind regards,

John
    www.johngrahammusic.com

Kontakt Player 2.2.3 does work on Intel Mac and has for quite awhile.

Jim

Thank You Brotha' Man Haydn.

I was hoping to do that.

Looks like some long overdue Horn stuff will be used soon.

JimmyV

Re: Kontakt Player Instruments

Quote Originally Posted by JohnG
    actually, though, Kontakt Player won't work on an Intel Mac, according to NI.
    The "Kompakt and Kontakt Players" used originally in products by EastWest, Garritan, & Zero-G were based on NI Kontakt v1.5, so they were not MacIntel Compatible.

Newer products that use the "Kontakt Player 2" engine v2.23 or higher (which is based on Kontakt v2.23) is MacIntel compatible. Most companies (with the exception of EastWest) have upgraded their Kompakt player products to the Kontakt Player 2 engine (like Garritan GPO).

You should check with Best Service or Chris Hein to make sure Chris Hein Horns has a v2.23 Kontakt Player 2 update, since the product was initially released PRIOR to NI's release of the Kontakt Player 2 engine.
    http://www.chrishein.net/index.htm

I use Kontakt Player 2.2.3 for Air and Elements. It's slim, lightweight, and won't get in the way of anything. The cool thing is if you buy other libraries from any company which uses Kontakt Player v2, the single instance of your Kontakt Player v2 is "aware" of all your KP libraries. You don't have to install KP2 every time you install a new library based on KP2.

Really, I wouldn't worry about messing up your system. KP2 has been around for a while and 2.2.3 is rock solid.

CHH Vol1 will be updated in two steps:
    Beginning of 2008 I will release an update of the instruments of CHH Vol1 for Kontakt2 owners.
    This update is based on the existing samples and will not run in Kontakt-Player2.
    This is just a small .nki file per instrument, but with a lot of improvements.
    New instruments with extensive scripting features like legato, slide-mode, key vibrato,
    section maker, knobs and buttons for DSP-Effects, and a lot of new features to improve the playability.

A bit later in 2008 there will be a new Kontakt-Player 2 version of CHH Vol1.

Hopefully in spring 2008 CHH Vol.2 will be ready.
    A completely new library with more than 20 instruments, perfect for sections and big band stuff.
    As a registered user, you will be informed about all these updates.

Chris Hein
    Chris Hein - Horns / Chris Hein - Guitars / Chris Hein - Bass
    http://www.chrishein.net

Chris, thanks for responding. I need further clarification: Currently, is CH Horns running in rosetta on my intel mac? Is that why it won't load in DP 3.13?

You mentioned in your post upgrades for Kontakt 2 in early '08. Does that imply Kontakt 3 as well?

Is it safe to say that CH Horns does not work in Kontakt 3 on any platform (Intel or G4/G5) currently?

Thanks for clarifying. I'm a little dense.

Schop

Go Back to forum