• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Hein Guitars

Share/Bookmark

Chris Hein Guitars

I've had my eye on this guitar library for some time and had some questions for either Chris or anyone who owns the library.

Are there nylon and steel string acoustics? I saw "steel" on the website but wasn't sure if it was steel string or steel guitar.

Also, are there any samples of acoustic strumming (standard rock I guess)? And how flexible are the chord voicings?

Finally, is there any thing that makes these electrics unique compared to some of the others there (not looking for a better/worse comparison, just difference)?

Re: Chris Hein Guitars

Its got nylon and steel string acoustics, plus a hollow body electric with both the acoustic sound sampled with a mic and the electric sound recorded direct (which you can mix in real time via midi control).

It doesn't have any pre-recorded chord strums.. through Kontakt 2 scripting it has very nice chord strumming modes where it can detect chords that you are playing, or you can voice a chord any way you like, and then strum them up and down via 'strumming keys'. Its similar to Real Guitar's method and is the most versatile strumming system because you are not locked into whatever strums the developer decided to record.

If you can't tell, I'm a fan of CHG..

Thanks for the response. This is sounding more and more like what I'm looking for.

Also, for what it's worth, someone told me to look at the CHG site for strumming samples (the examples I was listening to at another site didn't include strumming).

Quote Originally Posted by damoy
    Thanks for the response. This is sounding more and more like what I'm looking for.

Also, for what it's worth, someone told me to look at the CHG site for strumming samples (the examples I was listening to at another site didn't include strumming).
    The strumming are really good, you can tweak a lot of stuff; it takes a bit of work to get really comfortable but not much considering what you can do .To me overall, it's the best acoustic/electric guitar library.

Awesome. Thanks for the feedback.

Go Back to forum