• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: 2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Share/Bookmark

2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

GARRITAN COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

Enjoy the songs of the season while surfing on the forum with our new embedded Christmas Player.

Click on a Song Title below to Play

The Garritan Christmas Album is the 4th annual collaborative effort of the Garritan forum community and was put together in the spirit of giving for the holiday. A web site with this year's Christmas Album and albums from the last few years can be found here. There you can download the individual MP3's and the cover art and CD label. We are also replicating a limited number of compact discs.

If any of you would like to request a free compact disc of the album, please let me know and also send me an email (my PM gets filled often) with your mailing address or send a self-addressed stamped envelop to me at Box 400, Orcas, WA 98280 USA.

Here's the link again to the Christmas page:
    http://www.garritan.com/Xmas.html

Thanks to all who contributed and submitted songs for this project. I wish we could have included all of the songs that were sent. You all did a fantastic job! And a special thanks to Dan Kury (DPDan) for all his hard work putting this all together. And thanks PapaChalk for making it possible to share together on this forum.

This album is special because it was made by forum members comprised of musicians from all walks of life - young and old, of different countries and languages, from differing skill levels and training, and from varying backgrounds and musical tastes - but all united in making this special collection so that people like you can benefit.

I plan to spend Christmas morning again listening to music made by forum members while unwrapping presents and sharing the music and the holidays with family and friends.

This music will spread much joy this holiday season.

Merry Christmas!

Gary Garritan

To Download MP3s, go to our Christmas Page or click the links below:

Re: 2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum

Wow!......

I'm on the first one and it is just AMAZING!

Edit: Dan, those chimes or bells are... indescribable... heavenly!

Re: 2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum

I am GOBSMACKED at the first one!

I will relish listening to all of them.

Truly inspiring!

Re: 2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

I listened to the first one and it was amazing! Then I went to the website and tried to download the CD. I was able to download most of them, but when I tried to download Hark the Harold Angels Sing and Deck the Halls, an error came up saying "Internet Explorer could not open the Internet Site. The requested site is either unavailable or cannot be found. Please try again later." Maybe the link is bad? They play fine in the player. But it sounds great!

--Richard

All of the download links are working except for http://www.garritan.com/xmas/2007/20..._The_Halls.mp3

It gives a message that requested url was not found.

I noticed it has two 2007s, and so i pasted it minus one of them and minus one of the slash marks, and it works that way.

... on the player, it is working OK.

They are all very awesome great work everyone!

edit: i didn't see your post Richard...
    here use this link
    http://www.garritan.com/xmas/2007/Deck_The_Halls.mp3
    edit again: Sorry, i don't know what changed it was working a minute ago.

Re: 2007 COMMUNITY CHRISTMAS ALBUM - Listen to Holiday Music while Enjoying the Forum!

WOW!

Fantastic work on this!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

I have now listened to all of them and I am seriously impressed, moved even.

Congratulations to everyone for the wonderful work on all of these pieces.

And congratulations to Dan Kury for the masterful mastering / finishing.

Fantastic stuff.

Next year's will have to be a double album...

Surely some record company can be approached to use this for charity funding??

Well .. what can I say?

I have just listened to a sample of each one and this is just truly amazing, astounding!

I shall download the full CD later and listen to each track in full and I'm really looking forward to this.

I would like to congratulate everyone sincerely on their superb music. Special thanks to Dan for his incredible amount of hard work and dedication. Special thanks also to Gary for making this all possible. This will be a very special Christmas.

Now brace yourselves for the 'Server Busy' message as the world taps in for this superb free Christmas album.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

These are AMAZING pieces!!!!!

What strikes me is the incredible diversity of styles. Truly fantastic. I'm just proud to be part of it. I'll be listening to this album for a long time....

And there's no doubt about it - Dan is a TOP BLOKE for putting it all together!!!

Well done everybody!! I'm thinking of next years' CD already

Jon Raybould

Fantastic as always. A Christmas present we can all enjoy.

Go Back to forum