• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sibelius Founders Honored with Order of the British Empire

Share/Bookmark

Sibelius Founders Honored with Order of the British Empire

Ben and Jonathan Finn, the founders of Sibelius Software, was bestowed the Order of the British Empire for Services to Music from HRH Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace on November 16th.

The honors offer a most prestigious recognition for the Finn brothers, who founded Sibelius Software in 1993 with just $4,500 and have since established the company as one of the world’s market leaders in music notation software.

Congratulations Ben and Jonathan!

Gary Garritan

Re: Sibelius Founders Honored with Order of the British Empire

Congrats Ben and Jonathan Finn, and everyone at Sibelius!

Also congrats to you Gary, i think the quality of the Samples that can replace the GM in these notation programs have made them go from the one of the greatest products ever invented to mind boggling incredible.

Great accomplishment! Great Product!
    With the Garritan Personal Orchestra samples it really makes composing, from a notation perspective (the way I prefer as oppossed to sequenced based composition), really intuitive and immediately gratifying. Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Ben and Jonathan Finn, the founders of Sibelius Software, was bestowed the Order of the British Empire for Services to Music from HRH Prince Charles at Buckingham Palace on November 16th.

The honors offer a most prestigious recognition for the Finn brothers, who founded Sibelius Software in 1993 with just $4,500 and have since established the company as one of the world’s market leaders in music notation software.

Congratulations Ben and Jonathan!

Gary Garritan
    I met Ben and Jonathan in the 'early' days at the BETT Exhibition in London. This is the Uk's biggest IT in Education show and is held in Olympia in January.

http://www.bettshow.com/

At the time I was head of Music and IT and Acorn computers (Arm Processor) were used in the majority of primary schools whereas PC's were used in senior schools. Then, Sibelius was available only for Acorn computers and I asked Ben and Jonathan if they had plans to port to PC's. I'll never forget their reply; they had no plans to port to PC's and it was unlikely that Sibelius would run on a PC. So, I had to start looking as I had introduced PC's into my school and ..... I found Finale!

Gary, if you ever are interested in a stand at the BETT please let me know; my lady and I would love to meet you .. even help out

I congratulate Ben and Jonathan
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Go Back to forum