• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26

Topic: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Hi, i saw this in other forum, and i believe that some members can be interested.
    A previous version of Camtasia Studio is now available for free here:

    http://download.techsmith.com/camtas.../camtasiaf.exe

    and you can register it freely here:

    http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/pcpls.asp

    It allow you to record your screen, so, you can capture, by example, Finale playing your Score, add transitions, make zooms, etc, and then save it as a video, flash or flv file, in a similar way of the examples that Gary has posted in the forum. I have been testing at home, and it works great.
    Well, hope anyone found it usefull.
    Marcelo Colina

  2. #2

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    I use Camtasia Studio at work and it's a nice program. Once you start using it, you'll think of all sorts of things you can do with it.

    At first, I thought this download might be illegal, but I checked and it seems to be a legit offer that originated in a UK computer magazine.

    "Welcome to this exclusive offering for PC Plus Magazine readers from the United Kingdom."

    I don't know what will happen if you try to register with a non-UK country. I suppose it wouldn't hurt to try.

    Thanks Marce.

    - k
    "An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have, but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them."

    - Andy Warhol

  3. #3

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Many thanks for this, Marcelo!

    I just recently used this to make an animated score of a piece
    [that would be Quarks -- here].

    The process was fairly easy. I did the animation by doing a
    screen capture straight from the Finale notation program, then
    simply hooked the .mp3 in. I had no synchronization problems...
    in that I made the recording at the same time as I did the
    screen capture; then simply lined up the first note of the recording
    later with the first note of the visual score.

    Although there's no escaping the limits of screen resolution, I was
    quite pleased with the results.

    Best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  4. #4

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Cool, Marce - I'm glad you went ahead and posted this. The other day when I attempted to download the program, all day long it was coming up as a missing page - I'll try it again asap because I want to try posting music with a score like this.

    Thanks!

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  5. #5

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    etLux, this synchronized capture can only be done in Finale, when you don't alter the tempo in Sonar, as I do with Overture scores. Though it is possible to have extensive tempo changes in Overture, sometimes it is easier (and with more precision) to alter it in Sonar (fine-tuning). I tried this before with another screen capture program and it ran out of synchronization from the second page.

    Maybe it is useful for other activities... and by the way I loved reading that score while listening to your piece of music. I downloaded it, but until now not installed.......

    Raymond

  6. #6
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Location
    Orcas Island
    Posts
    11,454

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Thanks for posting this. We have been using Camtasia for several years and love it. There are many more things you can do with it.

    This way of presenting music is unique. Maybe we can start a whole new trend!

    We can possibly embed these into the forum. Anyone want to volunteer one?

    Send us your animated scores and we'll create a large online viewing room!

    Gary Garritan

  7. #7

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    A very cool idea, Gary!

    And, it`s cool too: I downloaded this program 3 weeks ago because I had to make a video from my screen..... .

    Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

    Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

  8. #8

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    The process was fairly easy. I did the animation by doing a
    screen capture straight from the Finale notation program, then
    simply hooked the .mp3 in. I had no synchronization problems...
    in that I made the recording at the same time as I did the
    screen capture; then simply lined up the first note of the recording
    later with the first note of the visual score.
    Hi David and All,

    I route the line-level audio out signal to the audio in jack. By setting the default recording device to be audio in, Camtasia will automatically record the audio output created during the Finale playback concurrently with the screen capture. This eliminates the synchronization problem.

    -- Ken

  9. #9

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Thanks for posting this. We have been using Camtasia for several years and love it. There are many more things you can do with it.

    This way of presenting music is unique. Maybe we can start a whole new trend!

    We can possibly embed these into the forum. Anyone want to volunteer one?

    Send us your animated scores and we'll create a large online viewing room!

    Gary Garritan
    That is a good idea. As kids teacher, i would like to have that nice resources

    I believe that some technical details would be good to know to send the scores. In what format? avi, mpg, mov, the camtasia format, flash, flv, etc.
    Marcelo Colina

  10. #10

    Re: OT: a nice tool for make score-videos now, freeware

    Quote Originally Posted by RustyCrook
    Hi David and All,

    I route the line-level audio out signal to the audio in jack. By setting the default recording device to be audio in, Camtasia will automatically record the audio output created during the Finale playback concurrently with the screen capture. This eliminates the synchronization problem.

    -- Ken
    There are various ways to do this, yes, Ken.

    I chose the method I did because it allowed me to make
    the .wav file independently of Camtasia. That way, I
    have more control -- I can treat the .wav file with reverb,
    equalization, etc., prior to making the .mp3; and then easily
    pull that into Camtasia later.

    Yet, since both were made at the same time -- there is
    no problem with synchronization.

    Best,


    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •