• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using sustain in GPO 2nd Edition

Question Using sustain in GPO 2nd Edition

I have just purchased a copy of GPO 2nd Edition. Am I right in thinking tha the only way for me to get sustain on any of the instruments is to have a MIDI keyboard with a sustain pedal socket?
    Unfortunately I dont have and after spending £80 for GPO its beyond my budget at the moment.
    Is there a way around this problem? Am I missing something simple in GPO itself for using sustain?
    Thanks for any help

Re: Using sustain in GPO 2nd Edition

Hi, Mark "dabbo27"

This would probably be better on one of the technical Forum pages - If an administrator moves it, don't worry.

You don't mention what software you're using for playing GPO - A notation program like Finale, or a DAW like Sonar? GPO is a MIDI sound library, so having a "host" program in which to use it is essential.

I'm a DAW user, and even though I play my music using a keyboard which has a sustain pedal, I usually hand insert the sustain on/off events because the timing is critical and I can be more precise not using the pedal.

Using the Piano Roll View of Sonar (MIDI controller editor) - I select MIDI controller 64, and with the pencil tool, insert the events where needed.

Whatever kind of software you have will have some version of what I've described.

Randy B.

Go Back to forum