• Register
  • Help

Topic: Beethoven Piano Sonatas

Share/Bookmark

Beethoven Piano Sonatas

On the Garritan Demo Page are GPO renderings of ALL of the Beethoven piano sonatas performed by Jonathan Cox. What a discovery for me! AND what an undertaking from Jonathan Cox. Jonathan, I don't know if you are still an active member of this forum but BRAVO!!!! What an accomplishment.

Re: Beethoven Piano Sonatas

Thomas,

Yep, I'm still around, just not as much as I used to be. I hope you enjoy the sonatas. It was a large undertaking, but the end result was well worth it. I've been working on other Beethoven tunes and am planning on releasing an anthology of Beethoven works done entirely with GPO and other Garritan Libraries.

I'll let everyone know when I get closer.

Once again, thanks for the great comments and enjoy, my friend.

Have a nice day,
    Jonny

FYI: I think that there are still some sections in this version where the audio is screwed up. I could be wrong though.
    For more information, check out www.jonathoncox.com/intro.html

"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." - Igor Stravinsky

I remember when these were first post. I was just amazed! And still am.

It would be nice to do the complete collection with the Authorized Steinway piano once it is released.

Thomas, I am glad you discovered these gems from Jonny.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny Lost
    I hope you enjoy the sonatas. It was a large undertaking, but the end result was well worth it. I've been working on other Beethoven tunes and am planning on releasing an anthology of Beethoven works done entirely with GPO and other Garritan Libraries.
    Has somebody released the Beethoven sonatas as Standard MIDI files, Finale or Music XML, or printable notation as PDF files? This could be a great resource for college students studying form and analysis. I remember how hard I struggled to get my brain around the topic many years ago.
    Wheat Williams
    Atlanta, Georgia, USA
    Music Copyist in Sibelius
    Apple MacBook Pro, Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion
    Apple Certified Support Professional. I also work with Windows.

Go Back to forum