• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonic implants - Symphonic Strings Collection?

Share/Bookmark

Sonic implants - Symphonic Strings Collection?

Just found this:
    http://www.sonicimplants.com/Strings/index.asp

Anyone got anymore info on this? Better than Garritan Strings? Price? etc...

Re: Sonic implants - Symphonic Strings Collection?

I asked about this a while back but nobody replied! The info seems promising but I don\'t think they\'re out yet. Without a demo it\'s hard to tell what to expect, I would anticipate them going for a similiar price range as GOS.

If anyone is beta testing them could you please give us some info?

I think no one replied because we\'re all waiting for them to be released [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

They are supposed to go for around 1000-1200 dollars. The list of articulations is at the site.
    The sound is supposed to be superb. This is according to the sound of th edemos showed at NAMM. I\'m not sure exactly what was showed at NAMM tho, since obviously no demos are available.

Can anyone at NAMM that heard them confirm what was demonstrated?

I expect them to sound Quite fantastic. I\'ve spoken to Jen at SI on and off through Emails, for the past few years I\'ve been composing. I think she and the team at SI are more than competant enought to do an extremely usefull string library.

I do, however, think that it wont be the end all string library.

I dont think that GOS is the end all either.

I jsut recently heard a demo of the basses from Miroslav and I was floored. I dont remember them being that good, but the last I \"used\" them was before I REALLY got into MIDI orchestration and could compare.

I honestly dont think ONE library will do it. I\'ve always said that tho. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I agree with you King, as technology advances who know what else will be available?

Look at the Synclavier strings, at some point they were considered the ultimate, but by today\'s standards they are quite poor.

I suppose that the Sonic Implants collections poses a bit of threat to GOS (or at least could bite into the market share).

Now I\'m really confused, I was going to buy GOS but now I feel like I should wait and see what SI has in store!

I would go further. i would say that GigaStudio is not the end all...something better should come around if we want more empowerment w/ sampling technology

[QUOTE]Originally posted by composer22:
    [QB]I would go further. i would say that GigaStudio is not the end all...something better should come around if we want more empowerment w/

Dude Look at Unity Session.

Imports Giga Flawlessly

Tons of layers, 256 Voice Polyphony etc.

Raven

And it works on a Mac!

Originally posted by midphase:
    And it works on a Mac!
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Ill be darned, this Unity looks Amazing. i like it better since it can work on a MAC. I just spoke to Bitheadz, and he said that Unity imports detailed velocities and layers that were captured in Giga, whereas other Samplers such as Halion cannot do this. Therefore not capturing Pedal Down or Up is a thing of the past.

But I prefer to hear this from developers of Giga or Users of this Unity were lusting for. To me this seems like a better alternative, because I can record and edit straight from my G3.

Anyone like to share some real world Unity experience?

Never new Unity Session existed

dafrica

Unity is a great little piece of engineering (just like GS) but it is a processor hog.

Before you consider switching I would reccomend a Dual 1ghz G4 (no s#!t) with 1.5gigs of RAM and ideally a dedicated 7200rpm hard drive.

Anything less will results in some compromises!

Personally I\'m trying to set up my music system by using GS for huge sampled instruments like Strings and Piano, and Unity for everything else (drums, percussion, loops, etc)

Go Back to forum