• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Topic: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    As my former one (Oboe/Clarinet duo) went to second page, I think I can post one more today.

    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/music/moderato-gof.mp3

    This is a piece I wrote 30+ years ago, when I was a high-school student, for my friend, a cello player. At that time, I did not know any fancy composition techniques so the tune is very simple.

    Gofriller cello sings very nicely while it has a lot of room to improve as I am a novice to the library.

    Any input/suggestion/advice will be appreciated.

    Thanks,
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  2. #2

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    You were a talented kid in high school!

    This is a lovely work. I thoroughly enjoyed your composition. It is very realistic. The Gofriller cello DID sing for you.

    Thanks for posting it.

    Larry

    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  3. #3

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Hello, Jun

    There seems to currently be a bit of a nostalgic air in The Listening Room with people returning to pieces they wrote in years past or going back to classical pieces to re-think--And here you are with something you wrote as a teenager. What a wonderful project for you, to re-visit.

    This has a wonderful opening on the piano. I can't imagine it needing any more sophistication in its arrangement.

    And then the magical Garritan Gofriller Cello enters. Surely you must be at least somewhat pleased with what you've done with it. It sounds to me like you've utilized the instrument extremely well. You say you're a novice to the library - well then how wonderful to think of you continuing to work with it and getting even more confidence using it.

    This is an evocative, lovely piece - I can't help but think of what I was writing when I was in High School---Beatles emulations I do believe.

    Beautiful, Jun - Thanks for letting us hear.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  4. #4

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Jun, my friend, this visit to your past is quite beautiful.

    I would not deny this sophistication so readily: the musical
    thinking in this is superb; the work I would expect, I think,
    from a far more mature composer... undoubtedly, an
    unambiguous foreshadowing of your ample ability.

    I hope you will find time to bring us more of your work
    from an earlier day, Jun. I found this piece deeply
    moving, an emminently worthwhile listen.

    Always my best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  5. #5

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Jun

    30 years ago when you were composing this beautiful piece, I was visiting your beautiful city of Tokyo. I spent about 30 days in Yokosuka and made 2 trips up to Tokyo. Fun times!!

    As David said, this piece was just a foreshadowing of the great things to come.

    Well Done

    Ron

  6. #6

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    [SIZE=3]You were a talented kid in high school!
    Larry, thank you for your comment.

    Well, I guess I was so "bounceable" in my high school. But not accompanied with real skills.

    Gofriller is doing amazingly good job. I can even imitate a "bad player"
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  7. #7

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Hello, Jun

    There seems to currently be a bit of a nostalgic air in The Listening Room with people returning to pieces they wrote in years past or going back to classical pieces to re-think--And here you are with something you wrote as a teenager. What a wonderful project for you, to re-visit.
    That is true. Always I had been unsatisfied with solo string sound in synths and samplers. Now Gofriller (and Strad) is available. This is dreams come true and I can reproduce my old songs with such reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    This has a wonderful opening on the piano. I can't imagine it needing any more sophistication in its arrangement.

    And then the magical Garritan Gofriller Cello enters. Surely you must be at least somewhat pleased with what you've done with it. It sounds to me like you've utilized the instrument extremely well. You say you're a novice to the library - well then how wonderful to think of you continuing to work with it and getting even more confidence using it.
    Thank you for your kind comment. That is really MAGICAL! But I am still learning how to use it. For example, I cannot realize real small sound like pppp with CC#11. Maybe I should use CC#7 at the same time.

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    This is an evocative, lovely piece - I can't help but think of what I was writing when I was in High School---Beatles emulations I do believe.
    Many Beatles fans those days. Surprisingly, I do not remember the fever of their visit to Japan in 1965. I missed it.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  8. #8

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Jun, my friend, this visit to your past is quite beautiful.
    Thank you for your kind comment.

    I would not deny this sophistication so readily: the musical
    thinking in this is superb; the work I would expect, I think,
    from a far more mature composer... undoubtedly, an
    unambiguous foreshadowing of your ample ability.
    I am flattered. I did not know "key change" (or is "modulation" right word for it?) at that time so the tune sticks to D minor/F major

    I hope you will find time to bring us more of your work
    from an earlier day, Jun. I found this piece deeply
    moving, an emminently worthwhile listen.
    Thank you again. For anyone interested in, I have another old tune here. This was written when I was sophomore.

    "A la mer" for clarinet and piano (GPO Clarinet and GPO Steinway)

    http://homepage2.nifty.com/yamamoto_...c/a_la_mer.mp3

    And if Garritan "Viola" becomes available, I would like to re-render a trio for flute, viola and harp.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  9. #9

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    30 years ago when you were composing this beautiful piece, I was visiting your beautiful city of Tokyo. I spent about 30 days in Yokosuka and made 2 trips up to Tokyo. Fun times!!
    Thank you, Ron, for your warm comment.

    30 years ago or 1977 was the year of "Rocky", "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "Star Wars". Tokyo was in the afterglow of the high-speed economic growth.
    Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan
    http://jun.music.coocan.jp/
    MIDI AND SAMPLING TECHNOLOGY HAS OPENED AN ENTIRE NEW WORLD OF MUSIC!

  10. #10

    Re: "Moderato" for Vlc and Pf

    Simply beautiful and magical. I love this music and you did an outstanding job with that Cello. It is on my next-to-buy-list, that is when my ship comes in...... Thank you.
    Kind Regards

    Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

    Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •