• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 21

Topic: "Doodletown Pickers"

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Arrow "Doodletown Pickers"

    All of Y'all,

    Just to lend a tad of variety, here is my "Doodletown Pickers". (Mozart it ain't.)

    See...I can write something besides "legit" music.

    Larry

  2. #2
    Senior Member sosmus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Bellingham, WA
    Posts
    667

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Larry:
    Where were you when they were filming "Deliverance?" However, I'm afraid your piece would have been rejected because it is far too sophisticated, especially harmonically. I liked it when you brought in the strings, nice touch.
    BTW: What do you define as "legit" music????????????????

    sos

  3. #3

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Hey Larry,

    This sounds like a "special studio cut" version of one of your "country kickers". Works great! The strings fit right in, adding just the right amount of polish without intruding on the authentic feel you achieve with this.

    A typically fun and really well done Alexander romp! Thanks, Larry!

    Danny

  4. #4

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    A thoroughly "Alexanderesque" title - And yes, this isn't Mozart, but as Sos aptly points out, it's more sophisticated than what we usually expect from picking music - and that's great, since you're the guy, Larry, who made the musical choices.

    "Legit" music - hehe, interesting phrase that. Well, it's "legit" to inspire me to tap my toe - so I guess I can say this is "legit" music also, regardless of whatever various cateogirzations you had in mind.

    Thanks, Larry.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)

  5. #5

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Quote Originally Posted by sosmus
    Larry:
    Where were you when they were filming "Deliverance?" However, I'm afraid your piece would have been rejected because it is far too sophisticated, especially harmonically. I liked it when you brought in the strings, nice touch.
    BTW: What do you define as "legit" music????????????????

    sos
    All of the musicians, with whom I grew up, always applied the slang term "legit" (legitimate) to classical music. We also used the term "cool" long, long before today's youngsters were born.

    Thanks, Mr. Steve. Your reviews are always welcome.

    My best,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  6. #6

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Hey Larry,

    This sounds like a "special studio cut" version of one of your "country kickers". Works great! The strings fit right in, adding just the right amount of polish without intruding on the authentic feel you achieve with this.

    A typically fun and really well done Alexander romp! Thanks, Larry!

    Danny
    ...and thanks to you, Mr. Danny, for the kind words.

    Best regards,

    Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  7. #7

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    A thoroughly "Alexanderesque" title - And yes, this isn't Mozart, but as Sos aptly points out, it's more sophisticated than what we usually expect from picking music - and that's great, since you're the guy, Larry, who made the musical choices.

    "Legit" music - hehe, interesting phrase that. Well, it's "legit" to inspire me to tap my toe - so I guess I can say this is "legit" music also, regardless of whatever various cateogirzations you had in mind.

    Thanks, Larry.

    Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thanks for listening to my illegitimate music, Mr. Randy.

    Regards,

    Larry

  8. #8

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Some dingblastulated, fantabulistical, incredicapable
    pluckin' an' a-pickin' in this, Larry.

    Loved it! Especially that ending...!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com
    .

  9. #9

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Quote Originally Posted by etLux
    Some dingblastulated, fantabulistical, incredicapable
    pluckin' an' a-pickin' in this, Larry.

    Loved it! Especially that ending...!

    My best,



    David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

    .
    Lord, have mercy! Let me git my Funk and Wagnalls and decode yore message, Mr. Dave.

    Sincerefully yores,

    Zeke (Bubba) Alexander
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

  10. #10
    Senior Member jonray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Birmingham, England
    Posts
    405

    Re: "Doodletown Pickers"

    Yikes!! If this is illegitimate music - I'm truly ashamed to say -

    I'M LOVIN' IT!!!

    Nice one Larry! Darn Fingerpickin' GREAT!
    Cheers
    Jon

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •