• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 5 of 5

Topic: KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

    Im having this strange issue, im reporting it here. Im using KP2 sucesfully in many projects, except an issue when rendering the piano.
    Past days i wanted to re-render and Old project, made with soundfonts and using the CC11 expression. I loaded it, pointed the instruments to KP2 and used the MIDI AUTOMATION to filter the CC11 and turn it in CC1, the modwheel. Several tracks were pointed to do that. The fact is when the CC11 amount of data is too much, KP2 hangs the computer, even the mouse become "slowed".
    Anyone has this issue and knows how to resolve it?
    Marcelo Colina

  2. #2

    Re: KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

    Quote Originally Posted by marce
    Im having this strange issue, im reporting it here. Im using KP2 sucesfully in many projects, except an issue when rendering the piano.
    Past days i wanted to re-render and Old project, made with soundfonts and using the CC11 expression. I loaded it, pointed the instruments to KP2 and used the MIDI AUTOMATION to filter the CC11 and turn it in CC1, the modwheel. Several tracks were pointed to do that. The fact is when the CC11 amount of data is too much, KP2 hangs the computer, even the mouse become "slowed".
    Anyone has this issue and knows how to resolve it?
    Hi marce,

    One thing you could try is increasing the buffer size. Maybe if you give Kontakt more time to think it can handle it. The other option that jumps to mind is thinning the CC11 data. Many of the sequencers have a plugin or menu option to do this automatically.

    Hope this helps,
    Reegs

  3. #3

    Re: KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

    Quote Originally Posted by marce
    Im having this strange issue, im reporting it here. Im using KP2 sucesfully in many projects, except an issue when rendering the piano.
    Past days i wanted to re-render and Old project, made with soundfonts and using the CC11 expression. I loaded it, pointed the instruments to KP2 and used the MIDI AUTOMATION to filter the CC11 and turn it in CC1, the modwheel. Several tracks were pointed to do that. The fact is when the CC11 amount of data is too much, KP2 hangs the computer, even the mouse become "slowed".
    Anyone has this issue and knows how to resolve it?
    If you mean, that you dragged CC#11 to the ModWheel knob: Don't do that! Sustained GPO KP2 instruments recognize CC#11 by default - CC#1, CC#2 and CC#11 have the same effect. By automating with CC#11 you effectively double the amount of CC#1 messages, the instrument has to deal with. This will, over time, make the KP2 engine go haywire, due to a buggy modulation implementation.

    EDIT: The same degradation of performance happens, even when you don't automate with CC#11, only at a slower pace. You have to follow Reegs' advice and thin the CC#11 data. If you Restart the KP2 engine, performance returns to normal.

  4. #4

    Re: KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

    I can't really help you here, but you stated something I would like to do for other cc's and wondered about how you do this:

    used the MIDI AUTOMATION to filter the CC11 and turn it in CC1, the modwheel
    I hope you figure out your problem Marce.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

    Rich

  5. #5

    Re: KP2 Midi filter eats all CPU

    Quote Originally Posted by Nickie Fønshauge
    If you mean, that you dragged CC#11 to the ModWheel knob: Don't do that! Sustained GPO KP2 instruments recognize CC#11 by default - CC#1, CC#2 and CC#11 have the same effect. By automating with CC#11 you effectively double the amount of CC#1 messages, the instrument has to deal with. This will, over time, make the KP2 engine go haywire, due to a buggy modulation implementation.

    EDIT: The same degradation of performance happens, even when you don't automate with CC#11, only at a slower pace. You have to follow Reegs' advice and thin the CC#11 data. If you Restart the KP2 engine, performance returns to normal.
    I did exactly that! Thanks the advice, i dont knowed that KP2 used CC11 messages like CC1. Additionaly i will try to increase the KP2 cache, like Reegs suggested.

    (Thin the CC data is not supposed to make a little more un-natural the sound?)

    Quote Originally Posted by RichR
    I can't really help you here, but you stated something I would like to do for other cc's and wondered about how you do this:
    Well, following the tip of Nickie, dont do that with CC11. But if you want to do that with any other CC, just go to the browser, where you load the libraries. Click in the tab called "Auto". There is a Midi automatation section, with a list of all available CC. Just drag any knob of any instrument you have loaded to the desired CC, and is done.
    Marcelo Colina

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •