• Register
  • Help

Topic: Lesson 20 - Tutti Chords?

Share/Bookmark

Lesson 20 - Tutti Chords?

Hi

I'm currently working my way through the online orchestration course, which I must commend Gary and his team on - astonishingly well put together and instructive, with some exceptionally enlightening comment and examples all the way through.

Can I just ask, if there is any way of obtaining the "examples of Tutti chords", which Lesson 20 instructs us to "see special Tables at the end of Vol. II". The reference is just under half way through the lesson.

Thanks for any help, and again for this fantastic resource.

Regards

Jules Bromley

Re: Lesson 20 - Tutti Chords?

I think Volume II of the original book just had examples which are now in the main text, so I'm guessing that was a mis-print, as it were, copied from the original but not meaning anything anymore.

BTW, who is "Garty"?

Smile Re: Lesson 20 - Tutti Chords?

Quote Originally Posted by dalek3
    I think Volume II of the original book just had examples which are now in the main text, so I'm guessing that was a mis-print, as it were, copied from the original but not meaning anything anymore.

BTW, who is "Garty"?
    Thanks Dalek 3 - edited to minimize my own embaressment.

Was hoping Gary might possibly be able to post the chord tables, if they happened to be in an easily postable form. Otherwise no worries.

Jules

Quote Originally Posted by dalek3

BTW, who is "Garty"?
    Garty is a phantom of the forum.

I'll see if we can get someone to do the chord tables so we can include them. Any volunteers?

Thanks,

Gary

Hi Gary

No need to go to any trouble. I thought when posting that they'd either been accidentally left out, or I hadn't spotted them, or that they'd be very easy to add.

If none of those is the case, please don't allow me to make work for you or anyone else.

I completed the course last night. Two books of notes, every score example listened to and noted, every exercise carried out, and every one of the additional comments taken on board. I've enjoyed every moment of it, and have to thank you for a phenomenally useful resource. I'm not a GPO user, but I did buy your original Orchestral Strings many years ago (which I still use alongside VSL), and at rather more than the current sale price, so I've appeased my conscience somewhat.

Thanks again for making this happen.

Jules

Go Back to forum