• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Cavatina for Violin and Piano

Dublin, Ireland

Cavatina for Violin and Piano

Here is my latest composition, realised in GPO, using Stradivarius violin and Steinway piano. The piece is a lyrical melody, classical in style, in ABA form, in D major.
    The idea for the tune came to me some years ago, but only recently completed.
    Hope you enjoy!

Re: Cavatina for Violin and Piano

Hi Eugene,

A simple, beautiful melody as a cavatina should be, with the stunning sound of the Stardivarius expertly utilized. You also made sure the piano wasn't relegated to "second banana" status in the story, which made listening all that much more enjoyable. This is a very fine piece of music!

Thanks for sharing this!

That's beautiful, Lad. I like it a lot. Thanks for posting your very nice work of musical art.

My best,

Larry O'alexander
    Larry G. Alexander

Hello, Eugene

Thank you so much for taking the time to put this up for us. Your Cavatina is beautiful music - and oh man, isn't that something I'm always wishing there to be more of in the world.

The gentle old fashionedness of it, even sentimental in its mood, is very appealing.

I'd like to pass on one technical observation--I understand you're using the Strad in GPO, and it's more limited in its expressiveness than the stand alone Strad--naturally. But a bit more use of cc1 volume variety could make the instrument's performance even more life-like in your nice recording.

Thanks for this!

Randy B.

This is a beautiful aria. I enjoy your composition. The Strad is such a wonderful instrument. I agree with Randy to vary the CC1 a little more for expressifness. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Penfield (Rochester), NY

Lovely composition and great presentation. You picked a fine combination of instruments for rendering this work.

Hi Eugene,

Very glad to see you posting again!
    I enjoyed hearing your Cavatina!
    The melodic line is unique and excellent. The harmony is well composed and streams along fluently with the melody and the warm sound of the violin.
    In the middle part the piano comes out too, and after its solo I liked that part where the violin plays in octaves.
    I agree with Randy about the CC1, it could do wonders, and I feel that the last chord is superfluous.

Thanks for posting your original composition and looking forward to your next piece!

Beautiful melody, says this fan of good tunes!

Something inside me says I'd love to hear it played by English Horn (Cor Anglais) - if the range is suitable - I can't remember sitting here at work.

Lovely lyrical melodic writing in this, Eugene; well
    suited to the violin in its plaintive poignancy.

Very well constructed piece, I might add; good
    clean lines to it, and a gentle, but effective contrast
    befitting its emotive context.

Perhaps you might consider doing a cycle of these...?

My best,

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Cavatina for Violin and Piano

My complements for a fine blend of Violin and Piano, Eugene. What a lovely piece you have posted here.

and i learned a new musical word today, cavatina.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast