• Register
  • Help

Topic: Memories: Melodies Part II Update Again

Memories: Melodies Part II Update Again

Okay, so I know I've been adding relatively small parts to this piece and posting them, but frankly, I can't wait to hear what you guys say about them! So, this one is an addition to part II of Memories: A Medly from the Past. It takes my first band composition, "The Path of the Adventurer," and uses the finale section. I'm not 100% satisfied with the transition just before this new melody, and there is a Molto Allargando that for some reason won't play right before a fermatta, trust me, you'll notice. As far as the melody itself, I'm really happy with the way it converted not only from MIDI to GPO, but from Band to Orchestra as well. If you'd like to hear the melody in its original context, it is on my soundclick page, but since it isn't GPO, i'm not going to post the direct link to the song, you have to figure it out yourself! HAHAHA!

here's the links.

Part I (in case you missed it)

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5885434&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5885434&q=hi

Part II

lo-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5969144&q=lo
    hi-fi URL: http://www.soundclick.com/util/getpl...d=5969144&q=hi

Thanks for listening!!!
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Shelton, Washington State

Re: Memories: Melodies Part II Update Again

I listened to the band version and I liked it. The GPO version has more of a sound track feel to it for me. The last part of it seems to go back to the band sound.

I noticed that at 2:04 there is a piercing, unpleasant sound coming from the right speaker.

It sounds like it's coming along well.

Hmm...that 2:04 piercing sound concerns me. I usually listen to everything through headphones, so I didn't here it. But, I know there are a lot of high sustained notes right there as well as for about 10 seconds after. I listened again with speakers, but I couldn't pick up on it. I'm hoping when you heard it, it was just a glitch? Either that or I'm going musically deaf. As far as the soundtrack feel to band feel, I forgot to mention that Part II has 2 parts within itself, the first part is the 2nd transition and melody #3 which comes from "The Lake at Night" (also posted on soundclick in its original form) Then, immediately after it goes attacca into the 3rd transition (I can never spell attacca right, so it may be wrong) then, after that transition it goes into the band melody.

Thanks for you comment! And if anyone else hears that piercing sound, please tell me!!! It may be a balance issue on my part, and I just don't realize it.
    Michael Obermeyer, Jr.
    youtube channel
    soundclick page

Very nice writing. Lush orchestration, and the balance/reverb etc is just right for my taste.

Nice job!

I wonder if Phil was listening to the lo-fi link. It does seem to do something funny around 2:04, but the hi-fi stream does not. Lo-fi can be funny at times.

Hi, sanyarem

This sounds great. Exciting piece with effective orchestrations - good recording too.

I didn't hear anything bad at 2:04, I think Owen could be right that it's a problem with the lo-fi file--I never listen to those. High strings come in right there, they probably distort in the low rez version.

Thanks - Keep up the good work!

Randy B.

Very enjoyable. I also didn't hear anything screaming at 2:04.

Nice melodies with some very well done dynamics as well.

As someone else said the reverb level is right on!!
    I love using the Basson to start a piece off. It just gives everything a nice depth and leads to more. The Clarinet followed by the chimes is neat as well.

Well Done

A most enjoyable listen, Sanyarem... very coherently
    handled transitions and flow in this medley for the
    most part (maybe some more work around 2:25?).

Quite a good ride, throughout; a lot of really nice
    material in this!

My best,

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Memories: Melodies Part II Update Again

I also didn't hear anything bad at 2:04, listening to the hifi version. Exceptional work you have done on this Michael, it sounds great!! That small bit of piano left me wanting more, but none of the rest was lacking in any way and sounded great without it, just my affection for the piano.

Go Back to forum