• Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: first fablesounds User Demo

Share/Bookmark

first fablesounds User Demo

Hi,

here you may listen to my very first
    fablesounds User-Demo.

Its quite short, since I have still some other jobs to do...
    But the Library is incredible.

best
    Steffen

Re: first fablesounds User Demo

Quote Originally Posted by fahl5
    Hi,

here you may listen to my very first
    fablesounds User-Demo.

Its quite short, since I have still some other jobs to do...
    But the Library is incredible.

best
    Steffen
    Congratulations, really impressive writing and realisation. I like it very much.
    Between seconds 8 and 9 it sounds a little stuttery here.

Hannes
    All your strings belong to me!
    www.strings-on-demand.com

That sounds great. Congrats. I'd buy it, but the Halion thing scares me a little. Anyone running it with OS X & DP/Logic and just luvin' it or are you settling?

edit: I was just reading on another forum and guys were sayin' it works great in both DP and Logic. The last lib I bought with the Halion player wasn't the most fun to use. Sounded fine, but not that great for my workflow, if ya know what I mean.

Lots of personality! Enjoyed listening.

Best,
    Jay

I use HALion Symphony Orchestra and yeah, it works better in Rewire mode in Cubase 4.1 but duh it should. I personally don't mind the HALion player.

By the way, pretty friggin great demo. I like your harmonic idiom and the slightly free-form rhythm track. Everyone seemed to be doing their own thing. Very cool. Sounds are awesome.

Very nice work. Really like the sounds. Wonderful work. Joseph

I don't usually comment on others work but Steffan, wow!

The mix needs work IMHO but compositionally it is excellent and BBB is truly great sounding, isn't it?
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

fahl5- how is it working with the Halion interface? I've heard that it's a little bit quirky. Do you find that it wastes your time in any way?

Great, great demo. The samples are great, but more importantly, it's a great piece of music!

-Alex

Thanks all for your kind reaction.
    If you like anything of that little sketch, than it is due to the incredible BBB.

For the Setup: Since I am used to work with VSL I already have a Setup with 3 slave PC's and a Cubase 4 PC, since you may splitt your BBB License on three PC's.The Slaves (Reeds, Brass, Rhythm - 2GB-Ram each) run BBB as VST within Plogue Bidule. The "Performer" is easy connected via maple Midiports and Out and in Ports in Bidule.

For this Project in this setup I was to lazy to bounce or RAM-optimize anything. But even without RAM-Optimization which is possible in BBB (as it is in the VSL) there was still enough RAM for me on each Slave to add another Legato Programm (which are the most RAM-consuming) if I would have need for. This is also due to the latest fablesounds Update which optimizese the RAM-use of the HalionPlayer.

On the other hand there is no problem to load the same Legato-programm several-times to create a section (sorry I just was right now a bit to lazy for a bigger Project - but listen to the latest official Demo by Yuval Shrem to listen to a real "big" Band.)

The rest is most comfortably controlled by Keyswitches.
    In sofar I cant see any complications with the HalionPlayer or Performer.

And the BBB Sounds are outstanding.

best Steffen

What a fun piece! I keep hearing pieces that show BBB works great doing solo lines and such, but has anyone really heard it play big band style? Is it because BBB is too memory intensive to run a full jazz band at once? None of the demos on the site really show true big band arrangements. Is there anyone out there who could do/has done a short mockup?

Go Back to forum