• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: OT - Share your pet stories and pics!

Share/Bookmark

OT - Share your pet stories and pics!

O. K. . . . this is a thread to share, brag and tell YOUR pet stories and pictures!

Meet Chelsea and Mayson. They are the newest family members. Both are adopted. Both are young and healthy!

Mayson has been with us for over a year now. He's a Black Lab mix. We honestly do NOT know which "mix" of dog breed he is. Mayson loves to sit with us on the couch and get petted and petted and petted and petted. When he's not getting petted he's outside sniffing and digging and barking. LOL!

We adopted Chelsea about 6 months ago. Her breed is. . . ummm. . . we honestly don't know what breed she is! She's brown! And she's small. And she also likes to get petted and petted and petted and petted! LOL!

Hmmmmm. . . I think I now KNOW which "mix" breed both Chelsea and Mayson might have in them!! They both have significant amounts of "Affection Hounds"!! LOL!

Anyhow. . . .

Here's some photos. The person in the middle is my loving wife, Amy, by the way. If she found out that I shared this photo of her sitting with her dirty socks on, she'd kill me! LOL!

Mayson and Chelsea.

Mayson, Chelsea, Amy with piano in the background.

Mayson and Chelsea outside.

Both are with me when I'm up in my happy little studio. They like to watch me as I look at blank pieces of manuscript paper. LOL!

Sooooo. . . . Share YOUR pet stories and pictures!!

Happy Composing. . . and Pet Loving, folks!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Re: OT - Share your pet stories and pics!

Great idea for a thread, Ted!

Thats a great pair of dogs you have there... and a very pretty wife.

I'll post about my dog again and soon add some pics, she has not had her picture taken in a long time, so I needed to do that anyway.

I have a Siberian Husky i have had since she was three months old, who I used to call Brat, but the kids in the neighborhood heard me calling her Batty and thought i was calling her Betty, so i have been calling her that. Funny name but she seems to like it.

She looks a lot like the wolf in my avatar.

She will be 18 years old in March which is unusual for a big dog to live that long and be so healthy. She is a little shaky and afraid sometimes to go down the three steps to go outside, so i have to help her, or guide her, but once on flat ground she is fine.

She has always been very much the clown, and does crazy things to make people laugh, and looks like she is laughing too. When she walked by me, i took the end of her tail, and suddenly she led me to the door like she wanted to go for a walk. So i took for a walk using her tail instead of a leash.

She was cracking me up, because her tail was like a rudder, i could bend it to the left and she would turn right, or bend it to the right and she would turn left. She had that crazy look on her face like she was laughing.

She is addicted to icecubes, wants several icecubes in a bowl to lick like a kid licking Popsicles, Wants them constantly, licks all the frost off, and then begs for some fresh new ones. Maybe it's the secret to her longevity.

Also have two cats that are not really mine, but hang out in my yard because they like it. They are a couple like boyfriend-girlfriend. The female is white, grey, and brown, and the male is black.

The male always chases squirrels, climbs trees, stalks them. He sometimes can be found out on a limb, in a ready to pounce position, perfectly still like a statue. The female lays on my window sill because she is a music fan.

My dog, which at one time had a yellow cat for a boyfriend, no longer chases cats in her old age. These two cats are curious why she never chases them, and why she pretty much completely ignores them, so they sometimes are following her around in the yard, trying to figure her out i guess.

David

Hi David -

Seems like you're an animal lover too! Looking forward to seeing a picture of your "good friend" Betty (aka "Batty" & "Brat" LOL! ) 18 years is a long life for a dog! I am sure those 18 years are full of wonderful memories with Betty (and with Betty eating LOTS of ice cubes eaten, too! )

We're animal lovers too. Whenever possible, we would include them in our music endeavors. Both Zuul (our first dog) and Bubbles (our second dog) came with us to many-a church choir and theatre rehearsal. (Note: Both have since passed away.) They would just sit, listen and watch; both were quiet and very much "in the background" whenever we took them with us to the rehearsals. Keeping along with the "pets and music" theme, both would lay-down by my side while I'm sequencing/recording/editing music at the computer.

Now our current "family members", Chelsea and Mayson, are still a bit too young-acting to take them to any choir or theatre rehearsal. Too much barking and running around. Hopefully they'll mellow a bit as they get older. But they still sit next to me in my home studio, which is nice.

Unfortunately, Amy and I never had children. We tried! But "no cigars". So, our pets are our "children", I guess.

Anyone else have a favorite pet to showcase?? Any more pet stories??

Cheers!

Ted

Hi Ted,

Great idea for a thread! I enjoyed seeing the pictures of Chelsea and Mayson. You have a lovely house (and of course... wife!!) there as well!!

We have two dogs.
    This is Oscar:

...and this is Lucky:

Here they are in the garden!

They're both about 11 now, and they were both rescue dogs. They sure give us a lot of joy. I can't imagine life without them - they're very much part of the family!

Cheers
    Jon

Some fine looking canines you have, Mr. Jon. Do they bark with a British accent: "I say, old chap...woof, woof!"

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Great looking dogs !!

We have five cats to rule our lives. Unfortunately we live on the 24th floor, so there is no outside for them to play and the only birds they have ever seen are the ones they occasionally see on Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel or Animal Planet.....

Here are some of our felines:

Here you can see the view from our balcony of Taipei. You can see Taipei101 building, which I believe is still the tallest building in the world now...

Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Very cool dogs you have Jon, and very cool cats you have Louis.

I like those tiger stripes on the kitty in the first pic! The kitty in the second pic is unusual, i don't think i have ever seen that breed before. Is he or she some very rare Egyptian cat or something? (Reminds me of the cats in Egyptian art)

Louis -

Great looking cats! I LOVE cats!! (Unfortunately, Amy is terribly allergic to them. So, no cats for us.) Your cats. . . . very, very cute! The picture of the city from your balcony is cool too!

Jon -

You have lovely looking dogs too! The picture in the middle is especially cute. Nice work with the photos, by the way. It adds to the cuteness. LOL!

Thanks for sharing your "family members"!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    The kitty in the second pic is unusual, i don't think i have ever seen that breed before. Is he or she some very rare Egyptian cat or something? (Reminds me of the cats in Egyptian art)
    That would be Bridzitte, she is a Cornish Rex. They are very unusual cat, although not rare if you know where to find them. They are beautiful simply because they are....well....so ugly....
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Some fine looking canines you have, Mr. Jon. Do they bark with a British accent: "I say, old chap...woof, woof!"

Larry
    LOL!! Not sure about that Larry, but they love music, especially BACH (groan groan).....

Also, one of their favourite pieces is Scarlatti's K.9

(GROAN AGAIN.....)

Watch video of Scarlatti's K9

Jon

Go Back to forum