• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does anyone know if UltimateSoundBank is still in business?

Share/Bookmark

Does anyone know if UltimateSoundBank is still in business?

I ordered product directly from their website this last weekend and have e-mailed them 4 times now, but have received no response. I find that very unprofessional. Maybe they are on vacation? Going out of business? Maybe they only respond to messages that are in French? I'm a little frustrated and hope someone may know why they are not replying to e-mails.

Thanks,

Sean

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

INTEL|CORE I7 980X 3.33G, 12G CORSAIR DDR3, SSD 160G|OCZ for OS.

Re: Does anyone know if UltimateSoundBank is still in business?

If this is of any help, I ordered a product from them, never heard anything and a week later it showed up at my door. Seems like they could do a better job of following through on an order

As far as I know they are still in business.

Peace

rikp

Thanks Rikp. Hopefully I will get my order. They haven't charged my card yet, though. I actually ordered my product on November 29th and only received the automatic e-mail confirming my order. I first e-mailed them right after I ordered to ask a question. VERY poor customer service on their part. I most likely will not be purchasing any more of their products if I don't hear back from them very soon.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Cubase 5, Komplete 6, Alchemy, PLAY, Vienna Instruments, Spectrasonics, and much more

Sean:

Be sure to let us know if and when you get it. You have peaked my curiosity!

Peace

rikp

Plugsoundpro is heavily reduced here and I wonder why.

http://www.timespace.com/product/PSP...gsoundPro.html
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Quote Originally Posted by quantum7
    I ordered product directly from their website this last weekend and have e-mailed them 4 times now, but have received no response.
    I would suggest contacting their U.S. Distributor, Korg USA:
    http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/dealers.html

I am not sure how online orders are processed, but I would think any online order would be fulfilled by the related Distributor.

You could always cancel your order via your CC company and order through Sweetwater, who current have the same Holiday pricing as the USB website:
    http://www.sweetwater.com/store/manu...ate_Sound_Bank

Quote Originally Posted by SimonF
    Plugsoundpro is heavily reduced here and I wonder why.

http://www.timespace.com/product/PSP...gsoundPro.html
    USB is running a "Christmas Special" through January 10,2008:
    http://www.ultimatesoundbank.com/christmasspecials.html

Thanks for the info Wafflemaster, Glad to hear that all is well at USB
    www.sounds-and-images.co.uk

And now also at Flickr!

http://flickr.com/photos/sounds-and-images/

www.myspace.com/simonfielder

NorthernSounds.NET.
    View Simon Fielder's Profile at NorthernSounds.net

Mixed feeings: I hope they're doing well if they make the sound developers the corporation. My impression is that they're a company that exists only as an interface between the actual creators of the instruments and the buyers. In other words, "they" are middle-men, as far as I can tell. But the sounds are really good. (Maybe the sound people are actually incorporated as a company? Not the impression I got. My sense is that they're the same as big companies--hiring out the actual work, paying the developers relatively little, and profiting from marketing skills.)

There was some worry over at KVR--their forum there went south. But I was able to reach their home page without any problem. I liked them at first almost by accident. I read a good review of Plugsound Volume 1, the keyboards collection, and bought it for $79.00 US and liked it. Still like it. The pianos are well-programmed. They're not just huge sets of raw samples with a filter thrown on them and they're not just a few samples with a lot of programming. A good mix of many skills, I suspect the skills of one or two people. I don't know who recorded the samples or pogrammed them, but whoever it was understands both recording pianos and programming. A good and rare combination.

But I e-mailed the company twice with questions about how to control velocity to filter and about an odd sound in a specific sample. The first time, the response was that there was no way to control the ratio of velocity to filter. When I later put the same question to
    Northen Sounds, someone posted a response almost immediately explaining how to control the ratio of velocity to filter in this PlugSounds volume. My question about the specific sample was referred to "a technician." I never heard another word.

But, but, but, the multisamples in the Volume 1 Keyboards set are very , very good. I recorded a piece using one of the pianos and posted it here on Nothern Sounds(when we could post things here). I think the strength of these early Plugsound volumes came partly from when they were created--just when people who understood the nuances of using synth techniques were suddenly able to work with longer samples. On the other hand, when I first got the VSTI, I was confused--it was a Rompler with controls I didn't fully understand. It took me some time to understand how to set parameters to get the sound I wanted, and then I wanted more control as I learned more.

What am I saying? I don't know about the company, really, but their Volume 1 -- Keyboards is really good, and gets better still if you get beyond the presets.

Well, it has been 14 days since I ordered from USB. After 6 e-mails to them I only received 1 response back a couple days ago telling me that my order would "eventually" be sent out. They didn't give me an approximate date nor did they even give me a method of shipping. USB is certainly not a company that I plan on doing business with again. Even though I realize that next time I could order USB products from a retailer such as Audiomidi.com, I do not plan to give them my money again. Being unprofessional should not be rewarded with repeat business.

Sean C. Dockery
    www.SeanDockery.com

Go Back to forum