• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt 2

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2

I don't know if this is the right place to ask questions about Kontakt 2, but I haven't found anywhere else that has any information about it, besides the Garritan Manuals.
    I have had GPO for several years. I just got the C&M Band and JBB, so the Kontakt 2 Player is new to me. From reading the Manuals (a couple of times) and working with it a little bit, it seems like it should operate very similar to the Kontakt (1) that is with GPO.
    I wanted to try a very large piece (many tracks, but not too long) using multiple instances of Kontakt 2. (I have used up to 3 instances of Kontakt 1 on several occasions). Only several instruments from two of the Kontakt 2 instances sounded. I decided to simplify things so that everything could be placed on one instance of the Kontakt 2.
    The smaller piece has 14 MIDI channels and 14 tracks. When I played it, only 3 instruments sounded, which just happened to be percussion instruments. I entered all instruments exactly the same and only changed the MIDI channel designation and pan for each instrument. In my sequencer (Sonar 5), for each track, I entered the MIDI channel, the Kontakt Player, and left the Bank and Patch designations as "None", which is what is done with the Kontakt 1 (GPO).
    So, what is the problem? Why do only 3 of 14 instruments sound?
    Also, where can I go to get more detailed information about how to operate the Kontakt 2? I would really like to get with someone (via phone) to make the problem solving and learning how to use Kontakt 2 more efficient than to rely on emailing back and forth. But, lacking that, answers to the above questions will suffice for now.
    Frank

Re: Kontakt 2

Well, DUH! (and I'm not a Hyundai salesman)
    CC1. 'nuf said???
    If JBB and C&MB were string bands, then I probably would have remembered. Now that I put something in CC1, things are working fine.
    Thanx for ya'lls input.
    Frank

Hehe, well I'm glad you figured out your error, Frank.

But now that you have CMB and KP2, you should go to the Native Instrument site and go through their hoops to have GPO registered with KP2 also. I'd had GPO 2 years - when I finally decided to upgrade it to KP2, I was fortunate to not have problems. It can seem convoluted, the process - but it's like what you just went through with CMB registeration.

It's very cool to have that one big KP2 where you can mix GPO and CMB together - the other libraries too as you acquire them.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Randy -
    NI registration is a real pain for me. I had a horrible time with GPO and it wasn't much better this time. I can't log on, then they send me one password, and I go to try it only to find out they cancelled it and sent another one just after the first one. This happened with GPO (a couple of times) and also this time. I hope that I have it squared away, now.
    I thought that I saw something a while back about upgrading to Kontakt 2 if you had GPO, but I didn't try it. Also, I thought that I saw somewhere in the last couple of days where mention was made that the GPO and the Bands libraries (or any of the libraries, I guess) can all be accessed on one Kontakt 2 (I currently have both Bands show up on it).
    I didn't see anywhere on NI about getting GPO to be 'recognized' by Kontakt 2 (actually nothing about Kontakt 2 Player). When I finally got on the other day, they indicated that I was registered with GPO. Then I registered both Bands (after a fashion). But when I ask to see what I have, now, it only shows JBB, M&CB and Kontakt 2 ("activated") - no GPO. So I wonder if GPO is somehow registered to me in a "parallel universe"?
    Yes, I would like to have all 3 available in each Player. Any further advise on how to accomplish this? I don't see anything on the Garritan site, either.
    Frank

Go Back to forum