• Register
  • Help

Topic: Black Bass/Red Bass Update 1.1.3

Share/Bookmark

Smile Black Bass/Red Bass Update 1.1.3

December 7

As a little X-Mas gift from Scarbee we have created an update for Black Bass, Black Bass Amped 1-4 and Red Bass:

News:
    * A brand new velocity layer (66 samples/100 MB) with harder attacks for D- and G- strings. The samples are mapped from velocity 125-127 and are played a bit closer to neck to give it extra bark/growl - suitable for explosive fingered attacks! (Only BB and BB Amped 1-4!)

* The A-1 key can be used to sustain notes in Black Bass. Pressing it is equivalent to pressing the sustain pedal for other instruments. It can be used for note repetitions where one wants to avoid any gap between notes, eg. E1, E1, E1, ... and so on.

Fixes:

* The main script has been made more compatible with third-party scripts.
    * A problem that occured when playing notes on the B and E string simultaneously has been fixed (one note would in the erlier version sometimes incorrectly interrupt another note)
    * Interrupting a slide before the target note had been reached could in rare situations cause an 'blip' sound. This has now been fixed.

Go to www.scarbee.com and download update!

cheers
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Re: Black Bass/Red Bass Update 1.1.3

Is it at all possible to either on the registration page, date the updates and/or stop the update files from always reflecting the current date. When I go there, I have to think and see if I already have the update already. The date would help tremendously. Also what became of the VFX vs 2?
    rsp
    richard sven
    sound sculptist
    ------------------
    Nuendo 4.3 | Intel DP35DP : Intel Quad Core QX 6700 : 4GB RAM | Windows XP Pro SP3 | Lynx Two C | Midisport 2x2 | 2xUAD-1, UAD-2 Quad |

Cubase 4.5.2 | MacBookPro 2.16 Ghz | 10.6.3 | 2GB | TC Konnekt 8

Quote Originally Posted by zvenx
    Is it at all possible to either on the registration page, date the updates and/or stop the update files from always reflecting the current date. When I go there, I have to think and see if I already have the update already. The date would help tremendously. Also what became of the VFX vs 2?
    rsp
    Hmm need to look at that date thing - thought that was fixed..

VKFX 2.0 should be ready before Xmas. We had a version out for few hours - but it had problems with saved songs remembering settings so we had to look at it again.

Problem is that for AU rules are changed a bit too often...
    Thomas Hansen Skarbye
    Singer, Bass Player, Composer
    & Creative Director, SCARBEE

www.scarbee.com & www.myspace.com/scarbee

Smile Re: Black Bass/Red Bass Update 1.1.3

Hi Thomas !

Are you still working on the 'Black Bass - Fingerpick EXP' ?

Quote Originally Posted by SCARBEE
    December 7

As a little X-Mas gift from Scarbee we have created an update for Black Bass, Black Bass Amped 1-4 and Red Bass:

News:
    * A brand new velocity layer (66 samples/100 MB) with harder attacks for D- and G- strings. The samples are mapped from velocity 125-127 and are played a bit closer to neck to give it extra bark/growl - suitable for explosive fingered attacks! (Only BB and BB Amped 1-4!)

* The A-1 key can be used to sustain notes in Black Bass. Pressing it is equivalent to pressing the sustain pedal for other instruments. It can be used for note repetitions where one wants to avoid any gap between notes, eg. E1, E1, E1, ... and so on.

Fixes:

* The main script has been made more compatible with third-party scripts.
    * A problem that occured when playing notes on the B and E string simultaneously has been fixed (one note would in the erlier version sometimes incorrectly interrupt another note)
    * Interrupting a slide before the target note had been reached could in rare situations cause an 'blip' sound. This has now been fixed.

Go to www.scarbee.com and download update!

cheers
    I guess I am sort of technically challenged, could you walk me through how to install it once it is unpacked?

[added] Well, I guess I might have figured it out. For the samples, just install the folders in the same place and answer yes when it asks if you want to replace files with the same name. And just replace the prior Kontakt instrument with this one?

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffn1
    I guess I am sort of technically challenged, could you walk me through how to install it once it is unpacked?

[added] Well, I guess I might have figured it out. For the sample, just install the folders in the same place and answer yes when it asks if you want to replace files with the same name. And just replace the prior Kontakt instrument with this one?

jeffn1
    There's a file that explains what to do, but essentially you move one folder of samples to the location shown, and then replace the existing .nki with the new one.

Sorry, I missed it. It says: Copy the sample folder: “-0 Sus Hard 4” to: ..\samples\fingered\00 Sustained

Got it. It is actually a new subfolder within the 00 Sustained folder. Thanks.

jeffn1
    For original progressive electronic rock influenced by J.S. Bach and (old) Rush, check out: www.soundclick.com/jeffreynaness.

Quote Originally Posted by trazmusic
    Hi Thomas !

Are you still working on the 'Black Bass - Fingerpick EXP' ?
    Yes, he is. As he wrote in a recent post on the Scarbee user forum he needs it for a personal project too, so I believe it is one of his top priorities at the moment.

Some interesting info about the update btw: there is probably no other single nki file for Kontakt 2 that uses more samples than Black Bass. We worked hard just to be able to squeeze in this new velocity layer and the number of samples is now extremely close to the maximum of what Kontakt 2 can handle for one single instrument. Says something about the expressiveness of this bass.
    Expansion packs will come as separate K2 instruments though, so no worries.

Nils, Black Bass script writer

Go Back to forum