• Register
  • Help

Topic: A note from the craziness that is college...

Share/Bookmark

A note from the craziness that is college...

Hello all,

I hope that you are all having a good holiday so far! It is madness here! I still need to post some of that Julius Caesar stuff for you all...for that matter I need to get into the Listening Room. I thought that I would have more time this term, but that has not been the case. This summer I will be going to Salzberg to study Mozart and his Operas...if I can come up with the money. I was thinking of sending the begging...I mean...Fund Raising letters to some of my old jobs. I hope that they remember me! LOL Otherwise...I will be taking out some student loans.

Anyway, I thought that for fun I would share one of the pieces I played with the Jazz Band here...it is a funky little tune called Fowl Play. Apparently, the composer has a weird fixation with chickens. The last 3 tune I have seen by him were all about chickens! Pretty weird. I played guitar on this one!

The concert band played a wacky one at the Fall concert, as well. Godzilla Eats Las Vegas...they did an awesome job. If I played on it, then I would not feel bad about posting it here. Alas, I did not

I miss you all!!

Keep writing those amazing pieces!
    Paul

Prowland the posting Ninja

Thumbs up Re: A note from the craziness that is college...

Hi Paul, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you. Glad you came and posted and are doing well in college. Great tune and your guitar sounds great. That picture in your link looks kinda scary though, please clip those strings before someone loses an eye.

David

Re: A note from the craziness that is college...

Mr. Paul,

I'm glad that you are doing well. Continue to make your studies a focus and watch out for chicks who want to lead you astray. Oh, what the heck. Let them lead you a little astray.

It's good to hear from you, Son. Post a message when you can. I wish you much luck with your pursuit of an education.

My best,

Larry
    Larry G. Alexander
    www.alexandermusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by Leaf
    Hi Paul, Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to you. Glad you came and posted and are doing well in college. Great tune and your guitar sounds great. That picture in your link looks kinda scary though, please clip those strings before someone loses an eye.

David
    Hey there, David! The "strings" are actually antenae...I use them to control the mind of pretty, young girls! Seriously, they were changed that evening...they have since been trimmed. I wish I had more time to come on here...too bad Music Majors here seem to not have any free time. We are always either studying or practicing or sleeping! Grrr...I should be working on a final paper, but I had to pop in for a little bit.

Anyway, one more note to write and then it is back to work!
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Larry G. Alexander
    Mr. Paul,

I'm glad that you are doing well. Continue to make your studies a focus and watch out for chicks who want to lead you astray. Oh, what the heck. Let them lead you a little astray.

It's good to hear from you, Son. Post a message when you can. I wish you much luck with your pursuit of an education.

My best,

Larry
    Larry,

I have been trying to lead them astray...no luck so far! GRRRRRR!!

I miss all of ya'll! As I said in the previous post...I should not even be on here right now. I will be working on a paper right after I hit the reply button. If I lead anyone astray, then you will be first to know...well, after myself, of course...and her; she would know, as well!

Anyway, back to work...I will try to get on here more often, but I make no promises.

Have a Merry Christmas...or whatever your holiday of choice!
    Paul

Go Back to forum