• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gs 4

Share/Bookmark

Gs 4

So an announcement is made many months ago about a GS4. and then nothing. Is this still happening or just being put off for another year?

giga...

Re: Gs 4

I did call Tascam and Sweetwater about GS4 and was told that it will be released in January of 2008. So you will not get it in time for Christmas but soon after new year you will be able to have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gigagagga
    So an announcement is made many months ago about a GS4. and then nothing. Is this still happening or just being put off for another year?

giga...
    The announcement was made two months ago, and stated that a release would happen around WNAMM '08. By my calendar, it's still 2007. Unless I overslept by a lot last night, there's no need to panic yet

Belbin

"Beta testing" does not equal "nothing."

Do you want it now or do you want it right?

(psst... choose "right")...

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Wink Re: Gs 4

I bought it a few weeks ago @ Sweetwater thinking it was available.............Those sneaky bastards !!

I have also bought the hardware and await a developer for Scope to come visit me, and do the build on the 27th.

I will be ready for GS4 w/ a 64bit Vista machine. My Scope cards should have the Vista drivers by Christmas. 4GB's will be used at first, if GS4's code works as advertised, 2 x more 2GB sticks will be installed. I have bought the DP35DP w/ a QX9650. An extra Raptor as I prefer single and dual platter designs over larger, hotter slower designs.

If it don't work, the boys know I will be on it.

Tascam dropped the ball a few years back, but it seems as though they have done a complete turnaround.

I even discovered a little un important bug with duplicate ID's when using multiple GVI based instruments hosted by Bidule. They had a fix within hours for me. So trust me, I am in their camp. It wasn't the kind of bug they could let go unfixed. Some guys have bugs w/ their drivers, etc. This was a legitimate bug that slipped through the cracks, but the fact they pounced on it like a pack of Wolves showed me that they are going to re take the crown they once wore. Developers will also be a large part. We have Belbin and many others.

I will probably have Gigastudio 4 hosting anything 64bit, and then on my second DAW Bidule/Forte will host all of the 32bit XP apps like Kontackt, etc. Since they feel they rule in the 32bit world, I will allow them a 32bit DAW. A nice low budget 2GB approach is still viable IMO, and Kontackt based instruments and 32bit VSTi's can be happy together fighting over the meger memory that's addressable.
    JimmyV

Go Back to forum