• Register
  • Help

Topic: JABB can't play notes in SONAR

Share/Bookmark

JABB can't play notes in SONAR

Hello
    I'm using sonar 7 producer edition.
    I loaded JABB with the way of using synth rack as like other vsti.
    Jabb player seems loaded succesfully and i can hear the sound when i pushed the virtual keyboard in the player.
    but it can't play notes in the track, no sounds, even though the keyboard animation follows the notes correctly. so it means it is conneted with right channel and output setup. but no sound~!!!!
    I raised mod wheel to the maximum and checked volume too.

i've never met this problem with other vsti........
    it may need other utility as like 'kontak' or something like that?
    please help me~~

Re: JABB can't play notes in SONAR

Hi sting,

Are you still using the older version of JABB (non-KP2)?

If that's the case, make sure that the instruments are loaded into the correct slots. The KP1 player setup is designed so that the slot farthest to the left is MIDI channel 1, to its right is Channel 2, and so on. However, the keyboard at the bottom will receive and reflect notes coming in on all channels (omni). Check that.

Also, regardless of KP2/KP1 the modwheel data needs to be in the track broadcasting to the player. Adjusting it in the player VST window has no effect. Go into the midi track's piano roll and add some CC1 data if there isn't any. Also go into the Options->Project->MIDIOut tab and uncheck "Zero controllers when play stops." and see if that helps.

Best,
    Reegs

Reegs, Thank you very much.
    I solved this problem with changing its channel to 1.
    So it means I have to use channel 2 to next other JABB instrument?

and as u said, kp2 version seems have no limit of way to use channels.
    so where can i get it? is it completely other product or just can be upgraded?

thanks for your kindness again.

^_____^

Quote Originally Posted by sting70
    So it means I have to use channel 2 to next other JABB instrument?
    Right. The Kontakt Player 1 interface has eight slots. You can load a different instrument into each slot. If you want to send midi data to them, direct your instrument routing to the JABB VST and select the midi channel corresponding to the slot number. This gives you eight midi channels per VST instance:

| Slot #1/MIDI Channel 1 | 2/2 | 3/3 | 4/4 | 5/5 | 6/6 | 7/7 | 8/8 |

and as u said, kp2 version seems have no limit of way to use channels.
    so where can i get it? is it completely other product or just can be upgraded?
    KP2 allows you to use 16 channels per instance and load 64 different instruments (instruments can share channels). You can reassign them as needed and it will tell you right on the loaded instrument which channel it will respond to.

It's a free upgrade for registered users. You'll need a new serial number, which you can get by going to the Native Instruments website, logging in with your email and password combination that you registered JABB with, and going to your product upate manager. You will see a request KP2 serial link for JABB. Follow the download and update instructions.

Best,
    Reegs

Thumbs up Re: JABB can't play notes in SONAR

Thank you so much!!

and Merry Christmas~~!!

Go Back to forum