Hey Everyone :-)
Ok, so I am having to buy a new soundcard. I only do sampling and digital orchestation. I have been using my cheapo SB Audigy 2 NX external with ASio4All. It worked fine with Kontakt2, but now that I bought Kontakt3 it is worthless. I have done numerous testing and it seems that the problem indeed lies with my latency. I can now, in kontak 3, only load 2 instruments and then it pushes my CPU to overload 100%. If I increase the latency it somehow helps but everything becomes unplayable. So its time to just get a good soundcard.
Now here is my budget and options and what I need :
1. I dont have monitors. Instead I use a pear of Audio Technica $270 earphones. So I have to be able to plug my earphones into the soundcard. Or at least be able to by a converter to plug them in.
2. I dont do musical recording. It just do sampling so I only need 2 in/out and no more.
3. I need 24 bit recording and playback at 44,48,96
4. Most important of all I need abslute low latency. ASIO
I have a Intel Pentium Core Duo 2, with 2 Gig ram, 350 Gig Sata HD.
I work with Sonar 6 as my Host, Kontakt 3 as my VSTI.
Here is the option I am looking at. I would SO appreciate some help and feedback on making the right choice.
1. M-Audiophile 2496 - $99 both 2in 2 out
2. Emu 0404 -$99
3. Emu 1212M v2 - $150 both 4in 4 ouit
4. M-audio Delta 44 $150
So again, I just need low latency, 24 bit recording, and to be able to plug my headphones in, or at least be able to get a converter to plug my headphones in.
THANK YOU EVERYBODY !!!!!!!!
"‘The heights by men reached and kept were not attained by sudden flight,
but they, while their companions slept, were toiling upward in the night.’
Henry Wadsworth Longfellow."