• Register
  • Help

Topic: Chris Burgess Spreads Holiday Cheer at Harrods of London with GPO!

Share/Bookmark

Chris Burgess Spreads Holiday Cheer at Harrods of London with GPO!

Chris Burgess an arranger/composer based in the UK has done the Christmas music for Harrods in London, one of the world’s most famous department stores. Chris mentioned that he used Personal Orchestra for the music.

Harrods is London's third most visited tourist attraction. And Christmas at Harrods is a magical time for many in London. The entire store has a festive makeover with over 15,000 square feet dedicated to Christmas.

Chris' holiday arrangements will be playing in Santa's Grotto while visitors stand in line to visit Santa. The grotto is themed every year and this year the theme is Sleeping Beauty with its magic castle setting. Chris arranged popular Christmas songs in the style of classical ballet.

The arrival of Santa several weeks ago was marked with a Disney-style Parade around the streets of Knightsbridge, London. Live reindeer and entertainers completed the festive event. Chris was responsible for all the music during the 30 minute parade which included a specially commissioned piece he composed and recorded with GPO.

Chris writes "I have programmed the whole thing using purely GPO.... the sounds are so good that they inspire the arrangement as I go. I worked from scratch entirely on the Mac, nothing was scored beforehand."

If you happen to be in London please be sure to visit and listen to Chris' arrangements of Christmas favorites! And if you would like to hear some of his arrangements visit: www.redherringaudio.com/

Thanks Chris for letting us know about your major accomplishment and this use of GPO.

Wishing you many more successes and a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Gary Garritan

Re: Chris Burgess Spreads Holiday Cheer at Harrods of London with GPO!

Another great professional use of a groundbreaking product produced by Mr. G himself.

Congrats Gary... well.... for being Gary!

Re: Chris Burgess Spreads Holiday Cheer at Harrods of London with GPO!

That's fantastic news. Congratulations Gary and Chris! I'll have to try and get to London.

Thumbs up Re: Chris Burgess Spreads Holiday Cheer at Harrods of London with GPO!

Very cool, Congrats Chris and Gary!

They sure have Herrods lit up nicely, wish i was in London, i would check it out.

Go Back to forum