• Register
  • Help

Topic: GS3 GVI CVPiano and Spectral Morphing

Share/Bookmark

GS3 GVI CVPiano and Spectral Morphing

Hi,
    I do have GS3 orchestra and found the CVPiano lately.
    Can i use it inside my GS3 Orchestra or do I have to buy GVI?
    The main reason is, I need to get it to work with my gigapulse setup.

And, where can I found more about "Spectral Morphing"? Sounds interesting, but is it GS3, GS4 or GVI or only for illuminated ones?

thanks
    Holger

Re: GS3 GVI CVPiano and Spectral Morphing

Hi Holger,

The CV piano comes with it's own player (a bundled GVI player that'll only load that library), so you don't need GVI. In fact, you can't load it in GVI or in GS4. That may leave you kind of high and dry as far as gigapulse goes, though.

As far as spectral morphing goes, I recently wrote a tutorial, and posted it here. Hope it helps. Mods, please accept my apology in advance if posting this crosses the line...you know I'm a sucker for the DEF...

Best,
    Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    The CV piano comes with it's own player (a bundled GVI player that'll only load that library), so you don't need GVI. In fact, you can't load it in GVI or in GS4. That may leave you kind of high and dry as far as gigapulse goes, though.
    Unless... unless... unless you also have GigaPulse VST.

I got GigaPulse VST for the specific purpose of applying it to non-giga samples. I load it up as an insert, within Cubase, on anything and everything.

— alanb

http://alanb.org

http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

Wow....
    thanks for the replies.

For some strange reason, I like my GS3 Setup with all it great features and shortcomings. I know that I will spend some more hours with the DEF tutorial and see where it ends.. exactly what I need.

I am looking into buying GigapulseVST and GVI, would make things more flexible.

What I am intrigued by is the sound of the piano. When everybody tries to get a gazillion samples to sound like the original, it is this kind of "computer imperfection", that makes it special.

I am pitching it right now against my Bösendorfer VSL, and both makes their own kind of magic...

Cool.

BTW, if you're attached to your GS setup (as I am), you may be interested to know that GS4 will be able to load GVI-powered libs like the CV piano. Then you could have your cake and eat it too- not to mention mix the GVI stuff w/GS libraries, all under one hood. I much prefer to avoid running GS simultaneously w/GVI (or any VST instruments) in my DAW, since I'm on a single-computer setup.

-Belbin

Belbin,

Will GS4 be able to load EW libs also? I have the whole EWSO installed on my Giga Computer.

Al

Quote Originally Posted by A. Capps
    Belbin,

Will GS4 be able to load EW libs also? I have the whole EWSO installed on my Giga Computer.

Al
    In theory, yes. I think they're still workig on making K2 stuff happen. I haven't had any luck loading the Kontakt Player myself, but it's still in Beta.

Thanks Belbin,

Do you have any idea about EW's new PLAY software?

Al

Quote Originally Posted by A. Capps
    Thanks Belbin,

Do you have any idea about EW's new PLAY software?

Al
    Hey Al,
    Sorry-I missed your post. I have no Idea about PLAY- I don't own any of the play line of products. I sank a few bucks into the VSL soprano choir so I could test it, but there are no budget PLAY products (AFAIK), so I'm not planning on dropping the dough just to test it.

I assume PLAY can operate as a VST instrument?

Belbin

Quote Originally Posted by belbin
    I assume PLAY can operate as a VST instrument?

Belbin
    Yes, Play works as an AU or VST or Standalone.

Go Back to forum