• Register
  • Help

Topic: Paradise is in the hearts of the ones you love

Share/Bookmark

Paradise is in the hearts of the ones you love

Other than the title being a bit of a mouthful- would love some critique of my mix and the song in general. This is the ending track to a podcast story I am writing which explains the hubris laden ending.

Paradise is in the hearts of the one you love @

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=405294

Uses GPO strings, JABB trumpets and Gofriller cello. I am a big fan of Garritan!

Re: Paradise is in the hearts of the ones you love

Loved it!

Super-clean mix with great clarity -- something I always
    appreciate in a climate of over-produced popular product.

The writing? Four aces. Well put together, and if the
    sound has a lot of influences, it's a distinct voice of its
    own... and a good one -- it holds the listener fast.

Give us the low-down! What are you using, who's doing
    what, how'd it go together?

Oh, and one other thing: Bring us some more!

My best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

There you are, Sunny - I've been hoping you'd post something again soon. There are so few people here who work in the "pop" area, so it's always great to hear a good Song here.

I think it sounds great. Super clean production, as David said. No suggestions coming from me about possible improvements - I love it.

Also along with David, I would enjoy hearing something about your production techniques.

Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

I don’t have many comments except that I think it sounds great – nice clean sound, well thought out. Reminds me a little of Oasis.
    Trent P. McDonald

Thanks very much. First, one of my shortcomings is my recording environment. I record in an untreated room in the basement and have been relegated to the same space as the washer and dryer. That said I am going to acoustically treat the room. However, this is really hampering the quality of my recordings at the moment.

On the production side, drums were done using BFD. Guitars and bass use my trusted Pod XT. I really heaped a tremolo effect on the electric guitar and then soaked it in echo to make it spacey. Trumpet stabs use JABB whereas pad strings use the solo violin and viola patches from GPO. The cello uses Gofriller solo cello. I am amazed by gofriller. This is the first time I have used it.

For vocals I have an inexpensive Studio Projects B1 mic which does the job for now.

I hope that answers the question on production. I am going to remix this song to better balance levels. Would love to hear your thoughts at that point.

Thanks

Sunny:

Doesn't seem to want to load. Using fast computer with DSL.

Low fi, High fi, No fi at all............lol

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

hifi usually does it.

Sunny

Simple, melodic and very Beatle-ish

sounds great to me, so I can't help you at all

Well Done

Ron

Go Back to forum