• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gabrieli - Canzona Spiritata- Sax Quartet using CMB

Share/Bookmark

Gabrieli - Canzona Spiritata- Sax Quartet using CMB

I posted the Gabrieli "Canzona Spiritata" earlier this year is a series of "wide screen" Garbieli renderings using GPO. This particular work is in four voices and I arranged it for my friends of the Washington Saxophone Quartet (www.wsaqx.com). In November they performed it as part of a benefit concert. First here is the CMB rendering using Finale 2006 and the CMB solo soprano, alto, tenor and baritone saxophones;

www.garybricault.com/mp3/GabrieliCanzonaSaxQuartet.mp3

Now the live performance by the Washington Saxophone Quartet recorded with a hand held DAR. Please pardon a bit of over-recording and background noise here.

www.garybricault.com/specialmusic/GabrieliCanzonaWSAXQ.mp3

Gary

ww.garybricault.com

Re: Gabrieli - Canzona Spiritata- Sax Quartet using CMB

Gary, I know I've said it before, but I enthusiastically say it again - your Sax transcriptions of these pieces sound just wonderful.

I really enjoyed hearing the two different files - THanks for that!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Gary

]Congrats on getting your works performed.

Both of these sound great

Ron

Another great sax quartet arrangement. It’s great being able to compare the two versions. The live version is, of course, much better (despite a few over recorded areas), but I still liked the JABB quite a bit.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    Gary, I know I've said it before, but I enthusiastically say it again - your Sax transcriptions of these pieces sound just wonderful.

I really enjoyed hearing the two different files - THanks for that!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Randy,

Thanks for stopping in for a moment out of your busy schedule for a listen. The saxes work really well for a wide range of genre. I have much more to post here. It was great to have the WSAXQ recording as a comparison to a live performance.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by rolifer
    Gary

]Congrats on getting your works performed.

Both of these sound great

Ron
    Ron,

Thanks. It is easy to write for a group that you know is at least going to listen to it and read through the music. Their comments are most helpful in furthering the technique for their instruments.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Quote Originally Posted by trentpmcd
    Another great sax quartet arrangement. It’s great being able to compare the two versions. The live version is, of course, much better (despite a few over recorded areas), but I still liked the JABB quite a bit.
    Trents,

Thanks! It is great to be able to compare live against the CMB (not JABB) saxophones. I have much more to post in the future.

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Hi Gary,

I just really love these quartet posts you've been offering... proving once and for all that there's no such thing as too much sax!

Another terrific one with this Gabrieli. The live recording was a treat as well (which DAR did you use??).

I know you'll be offering up more of these for us (you WILL be, right?), and I'll be looking forward to each one. They've all been outstanding!

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Hi Gary,

I just really love these quartet posts you've been offering... proving once and for all that there's no such thing as too much sax!
    It has a lot more going for it than we give it credit for. I love to write it into the band works. The sax quartet is really very versatile as you have heard here.

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Another terrific one with this Gabrieli. The live recording was a treat as well (which DAR did you use??).

I know you'll be offering up more of these for us (you WILL be, right?), and I'll be looking forward to each one. They've all been outstanding!

Danny
    I did not make the recording. The person used a Zoom H4 4-track recorder. It is very slick. There is a similar model, the Zoom H2, 2 track unit. Both have USB ports to make a PC into a recording studio.

YES I will be posting more sax quartet music in the near future

Gary

www.garybricault.com

Marvelous! What an absolutely gorgeous sound the
    sax ensemble is capable of, Gary!

Thank you for the recording, my friend. Once again,
    an eye-opener (ear-opener?)...

Best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Go Back to forum