• Register
  • Help

Topic: What an enhancement in KHSO Emerald!

Share/Bookmark

Lightbulb What an enhancement in KHSO Emerald!

WOW!

a big WOW and WOW again!

I had the chance of buying the pre release, and later follow the first release versions.

It already was an incredible value for money, but not perfect yet in several instruments, with some slightly incoherent programming etc.

The last update drove me back to the whole library (I was using before just some of the best programs, with some selected instruments), and the result is amazing.

Now every instrument has a very good and stable sound and powerful, easy to control, and flexible programming.

My sincere congratulations to Kirk for the huge work he did.

I already recommended the library for the price/quality rate. Now it's even better!

Re: What an enhancement in KHSO Emerald!

Yea. Personally I think I like Emerald even better than Ruby with the new programming. Really really good stuff.
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

I just purchased the new programs recently. But somehow it seems that my folder structures are completely different compared to the ones Kirk describes in his update information. The reason might be that I still possess one of the first releases of Emerald. Consequently I got some problems running these programs and finding the samples. Does someone of you also own an older version and gets along with the programs?

Best wishes,
    Ulrich

I had the same problem. I actually paid Kirk some extra money to send me the Emerald set on one of those HD's with all the latest updates and structured appropriately to use the new programming correctly. But I don't think he has made that an official offering. I think he had to patch it together for me by basically starting with Diamond and removing Ruby from it, or something like that.

Hopefully he will make something more official for emerald users. I think there may be a fair number of us that have some old structures. If nothing else, you might be able to fix it yourself though, because I don't think the samples have changed other than what you already have or downloaded. but only the directory structure and possibly file names.

If you send me a PM with your email addr, I will send you a directory listing that shows the hierarchy used in Emerald that works. Then you can rearrange your version of Emerald to the same directory structure, then the new programming SHOULD work....

otherwise, check with kirk....
    "Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our utmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets" -- Zoltan Kodaly

Question Re: What an enhancement in KHSO Emerald!

I had to use "search file system" and wait ("brose for folders" being also possible, and faster, but boring asking you to brose continously: file system is slower but totally authomatic).

After every program found in K2 the right directory to samples, everything was working fine. Before closing the program, I had to press "save" to keep memory of the new relative positioning of samples and programs.

I just received the DIAMOND library this weekend and have had nothing but delight auditioning and playing the various versions of each of the sampled instruments. This library is so powerful, emotive, and as is frequently stated, plays so well right out of the box. I can't speak highly enough about this achievement and the support and generosity of its developer, Kirk Hunter.
    Kudos Kirk! I would highly recommend this library to everyone!

Being a long time user of KH libraries I gradually upgraded from the original Emerald library, adding the VSPro and now the Emerald upgrade. Altogether this results in Diamond which is a wonderful collection of orchestral as well as more intimate sounding instruments.
    The only thing I would like to do is to get rid of the old programmings and clear the instruments so that I only have the current diamond programming on my harddisk. I´m a bit anal but I get easily confused and would like to have things simplier organised. Is there some place where I can find the current Diamond programming in order to organise my library this way? I mailed to Kirk but he might be away so maybe someone else could help me in this regard.
    Thanks very much and best regards
    Raindog

Ok, what am I missing? Where do I get these updates for Emerald. I too have an earlier version and would love to check this out, but can't find it at http://www.kirkhunterstudios.com/products.html

Thanks,

Ricky B

You can place the new programs any where you want and then use the 'batch re-save' command to save all the programs with the proper references to where the samples are located. It's only a two step process and fairly quick.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulrich
    I just purchased the new programs recently. But somehow it seems that my folder structures are completely different compared to the ones Kirk describes in his update information. The reason might be that I still possess one of the first releases of Emerald. Consequently I got some problems running these programs and finding the samples. Does someone of you also own an older version and gets along with the programs?

Best wishes,
    Ulrich

Be careful with that. That is not universally true. I thought the same thing, but Kirk told me directly that I could not do that so haphazardly. I can't remember the reason, perhaps some file path references within the actual kontakt scripts.

Go Back to forum