• Register
  • Help

Topic: My Garritan Community Christmas CD's Won't Play

Share/Bookmark

My Garritan Community Christmas CD's Won't Play

I have made copies of the Christmas CD to hand to family and friends. To make the copies I first converted the mp3 files into wav files then used Sony CD Architect to burn the CDs. To convert the files from mp3 to wav I have tried different ways including 'Switch', 'GoldWave' and 'CD Architect' itself and both the wav files and the mp3 play beautifully without any problems at all on my computer. The blank CDs I use are Philips CD-R, 700 MB, 80 Min, 52x speed. I use an internal Liteon CD/DVD Burner.

I am having reports that the CDs won't play when using standard CD players and when I try them on my Hi-Fi system it's hit and miss; some tracks play, some don't. However, they seem to play on personal CD players and they play on my car CD player. I do realise that the blank CDs available for our home recordings will only play on the later players but I feel too many people are having problems with them; many of them with players just a few years old. I have tried burning at different speeds from low speed to maximum but this doesn't seem to make any difference.

Does anyone else have similar experiences or can anyone help me with this.

Many thanks.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: My Garritan Community Christmas CD's Won't Play

Michael

From you post it seemed the CDs I sent out were defective but on further reading it is your the burning from mp3s that doesnt work.

I sent over some CDs to you last week and you should make copies of the CD rather than convert from mp3 to wav to redbook etc. Sounds like a setting on one of your programs has gone awry. Once you get the CDs just make a direct copy and that should work.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Michael

From you post it seemed the CDs I sent out were defective but on further reading it is your the burning from mp3s that doesnt work.

I sent over some CDs to you last week and you should make copies of the CD rather than convert from mp3 to wav to redbook etc. Sounds like a setting on one of your programs has gone awry. Once you get the CDs just make a direct copy and that should work.

Best,

Gary
    Hello Gary,

WOW a fast reply. You sent me some CDs, thank you so much.

I certainly will use those instead.
    Michael

Just discovered not all the CDs went out yet. There are a few contributors the CDs did not go to as we are awaiting addresses to send them to. Please email me your address and I'll get some copies to you right away.

Best,

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan
    Just discovered not all the CDs went out yet. There are a few contributors the CDs did not go to as we are awaiting addresses to send them to. Please email me your address and I'll get some copies to you right away.

Best,

Gary
    I sent my address. Please let me know if you didn't get it.

Thanks again.

Superb service
    Michael

Go Back to forum