• Register
  • Help

Topic: True Strike 1

Share/Bookmark

Angry True Strike 1

Hi All,

For some reason Digital Village sold me True Strike 1 as opposed to the VI version.

Anyway...True Strike 1 uses Halion OEM to run in Logic. Has anyone else found this to be very glitchy, unstable software?

I've worked on pieces for days and now find them un-openable because of Halion. Midway through a 6x1hr series this is the last thing I need...

Any advice?

Cheers,

Barnaby Taylor

Re: True Strike 1

Except for my most heartfelt sympathies I can only offer this advice: Remember your experience well and don't buy Steinberg software.

When searching on this topic, you will find plenty of un-success stories. In the end you will have to get the Kontakt version as we all did.

I hope you'll do fine after ditching this bad software.
    Greetings from Vienna!
    Peter
    My website: Above the staff.net

Quote Originally Posted by musicpete
    Except for my most heartfelt sympathies I can only offer this advice: Remember your experience well and don't buy Steinberg software.
    I think that's a bit of a blanket statement - all Steinberg software is not bad IMO.. while I wouldn't touch Halion with a 10-foot pole, I rely on Cubase and find it quite usable and stable.

I definately agree on the avoid the VI version sentiment. The Halion player has given users problems not only with "True Strike" but also with stuff like "Broadway Big Band". You're a lot better off getting the current multi-format and loading it into your sampler.

Mike

"Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Barnaby,

Maybe ask Maarten (from ProjectSAM) if they're willing to replace your Halion-version with the Giga 1.5 version, which you can then easily open in Logic's EXS. With a relatively simple library like this, the conversion from Giga to EXS is faultless. And TrueStrike1 in EXS works perfect.

_

the latest Strike installer should give you a choice between several formats.
    i found the Kontakt version to be the most versatile.
    Maybe you can upgrade the installer. the samples are the same its just the programs

Regarding the stability of Halion on a Mac i also had nothing but bad excperiences.

Its superslow and very unstable at least on my G5.(plenty of ram and HD)

hans

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby100
    Hi All,

For some reason Digital Village sold me True Strike 1 as opposed to the VI version.
    I think you are slightly confused. You DID receive the "VI" version:
    http://www.dv247.com/invt/30335/

The original Project SAM True Strike sold in two full "Pro" versions:
    -- True Strike Virtual Instrument (using the Halion Player)
    -- True Strike GigaStudio 3 (sample library only)

Currently Project Sam sells both True Strike 1 and True Strike 2 as a "multi-format" sample library. There are no current "VI" versions.

Looking at the DV website, it appears they don't stock the TS1 multiformat library version.
    http://www.dv247.com/search/0/0/Prod...True+Strike/1/

Quote Originally Posted by Hans Scheffler
    the latest Strike installer should give you a choice between several formats.

Maybe you can upgrade the installer. the samples are the same its just the programs
    This won't work since the Halion VI version samples are encrypted.

I believe your only choice is to contact Project SAM directly and upgrade to the TS1 Multi-format version.

Go Back to forum