• Register
  • Help

Topic: Prosonus

Share/Bookmark

Prosonus

How big is this library? (how many CD\'s)

For you who have it can you please compare it to the competition, also if there is demos out there other than the ones on the bigfish site please direct me to them.

I\'m interested in the GIGa native version, and what the difference is beetwen it and the AKAI (ex. is there more material covered in the GIGA compared to the AKAI one)

Anyone? Donnie, maybe...

Re: Prosonus

Originally posted by Mikael:
    How big is this library? (how many CD\'s)

For you who have it can you please compare it to the competition, also if there is demos out there other than the ones on the bigfish site please direct me to them.

I\'m interested in the GIGa native version, and what the difference is beetwen it and the AKAI (ex. is there more material covered in the GIGA compared to the AKAI one)

Anyone? Donnie, maybe...
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hello Mikael,

I have the Prosonus (My first and only library so far). It is 2 CDs.

I think the only competition close to its price range for a full orchestra library (no lite editions) is Advanced Orchestra, but that one is around 3 times more expensive. Most people concur that AO is not three times better than the Prosonus, and that for the price, the Prosonus is the best choice out there.

As far as demos go, I got two short demos that I posted a while back:
    http://home.attbi.com/~nxcm/Suspense.mp3
    http://home.attbi.com/~nxcm/ABMind.mp3

I remember having some demo by Donnie on Debussy. I don\'t want to post it in case Donnie gets pissed, but if you post your email I can send it to you. This demo features very nice ambient like brass sections.

Sorry I can\'t be of more help, maybe somebody else that owns the Prosonus will give you their piece of mind on it.

Thanks MrArkadine, those were nice demos. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] I like the nv strings, they kinda give you a creepy feeling. You mention that AO is not up for the competition of the Prosonus library... I have AO the warm sus patch plus many of the Key XFD patches are realy greate, especially the XFD-R (long realase) violin patch is good.

yes pleas send the Debusy demo to michaeltodoran@hotmail.com, though I\'m not sure if the account excepts large files?

By the way how is the percussion on the library, I was kinda hoping to find some good percussion, but since it\'s only a 2 CD\'s collection it\'s probably expecting to much. Size does matter.

Or maybe I should go for something like the LOP, I\'m a bit dassel. If there are nice rudimentari percussion patches in the Prosonus it could maybee be a starter.

Like MrArkadine, I\'m relatively new to GS and bought Prosonus just a week ago to experiment with. (Seemed to be the low priced orchestral library of choice for Giga and I decided you just can\'t determine THAT much from demos anyways.)

Well, I was suprised at how FINE it really sounds (hats off to Donnie apparently). The solo strings are especially NICE and that is precisely what I thought a \"budget\" orchestral library would probably be weak at. So I give it a definite thumbs up, though I\'m still really exploring it. It seemed to take up about 1g on my audio hard drive - I often wonder why this isnt specified for sample libraries?

My only disappointment is that there\'s no documentation with it. (Guess thats what you get when youre in the bargain basement.) But Donnie also explained in another recent thread here how this library was not originally made for Giga or even Akai. So you do have to be willing to swim around and experiment and enjoy the convenience that at least it\'s all been converted to easy to use gig instruments for you. For the price and with this forum as a back-up, I feel fine about getting into using it and satisfied with the purchase. Hope that helps.

Thanks alot, you\'we been helpfull [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Prosonus sounds great value for money.

As is always the case a MIDI tweaked, modest cost, sample will shine compared to just using something like GOS out of the box...played into the sequencer using a keyboard.

Ya gotta tweak to peak!!

For the record...you guys can feel free to past anything I\'ve done here before. I have absolutely no problems with that. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Here is a link to that Debussy influenced piece I did:

http://www.dssoundware.com/sounds/Ala_Debussy.mp3

Also here is my mp3.com site. It has some more demos of the Prosonus stuff on there.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/374/donnie_christian.html

Donnie

Go Back to forum