• Register
  • Help

Topic: Help! I uninstalled Garritan Personal Orchestra

Share/Bookmark

Unhappy Help! I uninstalled Garritan Personal Orchestra

... using 'Add or Remove Programs' in the Windows XP 'Control Panel'. I saw that 'Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2' was there and made the bad assumption that it was OK to uninstall the large 'Garritan Personal Orchestra' file that was also there. I had created a 'Recovery Point' prior to the uninstall, but my attempt to recover to that Point failed.

Please, let me know what to do to reinstall my 'Garritan Personal Orchestra' files correctly. Thanks.

Re: Help! I uninstalled Garritan Personal Orchestra

I think if you just re-install, run the installer from the CD again, it will work. If not then re-install the latest KP2 update.

I have uninstalled and re-installed many times, and it does not appear to have to be in any certain order, although i usualy do the KP2 update last.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyCzar
    ... using 'Add or Remove Programs' in the Windows XP 'Control Panel'. I saw that 'Garritan Personal Orchestra KP2' was there and made the bad assumption that it was OK to uninstall the large 'Garritan Personal Orchestra' file that was also there. I had created a 'Recovery Point' prior to the uninstall, but my attempt to recover to that Point failed.

Please, let me know what to do to reinstall my 'Garritan Personal Orchestra' files correctly. Thanks.
    Hello Tony

I agree with Leaf, it should just be a case of reinstalling GPO then updating the Kontakt Player.

The only thing I would add is that it might be an idea to check through your system and manually remove any folders or files left by your accidental uninstall. You may fine some GPO or NI folders left in your Program Files and some links in your Start Menu for example. When I reinstall I go through my registry as well but I would only recommend this if you know what you are doing.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

A simple reinstallation did the trick. Thanks for the advice.

Go Back to forum