• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT Methods for binding Parts

OT Methods for binding Parts

I am putting together orchestra parts for Christmas Eve services and want to have all the parts in a booklet.

I'm printing 9x12 size parts.

Do any of you have experience with methods of binding parts other than the standard fare of Kinko's, i.e. spiral bind and plastic comb binding?

Ron Williams
    Westminster, CO
    Music is a manifestation of the human spirit similar to a language. If we do not want such things to remain dead treasures, we must do our upmost to make the greatest number of people understand their secrets -- Zoltan Kodaly

Re: OT Methods for binding Parts

Hi Ron,

I don't have any better idea as far as binding methods; and, in
    fact, will watch this thread with interest for the ideas of others.

However, I might mention www.LuLu.com as an alternative
    to Kinko's. They've done very good work for me at conservative

Jamie Kowalski also recently introduced me to www.CreateSpace.com.
    I haven't used them as yet, but they look like an even better deal in
    many ways. (Thanks, Jamie!)

My best,

I've been using Subito Music Services for printing and binding for a few years now. They specialize in music printing so they know what they're doing. They do very good work and their turnaround time is usually less than a week.
    Dan Powers

"It's easier to be a composer than it is to compose."
    --Ray Luke (1928-2010)

I usually print parts on 11 x14 paper, in "booklet format. then I get one of those staplers with an arm on it so that I can staple in the very center of the page. When all the pages are stapled together, it folds over, into a very part nice looking 9 x 12 part.

Remember to have a title page, and an inside cover page. Your music should start on the right hand side, which should be page 1. page numbers should be left hand even: right hand odd.

Good luck.

Go Back to forum