• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: The Journey of a Lost Celt - Garritan STrad & Gofr&Harp

Share/Bookmark

The Journey of a Lost Celt - Garritan STrad & Gofr&Harp

This is a piece I composed back in the late summer using the Garritan harp, Stradivari and Gofriller. As always, any comments/suggestions etc are welcome.

http://www.mdtcommunications.com/The...faLostCelt.mp3
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Re: The Journey of a Lost Celt - Garritan STrad & Gofr&Harp

Hi Del,

This is one of my favorite genres, and your composition just adds to that favoritism. Really nice work with both the Stradivari and the Gofriller (which I'm hoping to grab myself in the WOOT sale) along with the flute (which one was that?).

You didn't mention which brass library you used, but you added those instruments with caring subtlety and clarity, and at just the right point in your piece -- nice chords in there!

Serene, peaceful, very musical and creative, all in a very sensitive rendering. Great way to kick off the weekend. Thanks!

Danny

Del, this is absolutely gorgeous work... the quality
    of the writing, the subtlety in the rendering, the
    whole shooting match.

You asked for suggestions? I have only one to
    offer you: Don't touch it... lol! It's a delight to
    the ear, one end to the other.

All my best,

David
    www.DavidSosnowski.com

Del,

Wonderful creation! Every single instrument sings out, and all together create a symphony of delight to hear!

Yudit

Hi, Del

Two thoughts as your piece concluded:

One, you don't play us your music nearly often enough in here.

Two, this is a wonderful piece.

Great combination of instruments, all played well, making for a very effective mood. I love it.

Thanks for the music, Del.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Beautiful piece, and wonderful rendering/handling of the instruments! Celtic without a bit of cliche, this is very haunting.

I have only one small quibble - it is easier if you post your files so they open in another browser, as opposed to a file to download. Lots of folks here ( me, sometimes ) don't want to download a file. Hey, if the only thing I can criticize is the way you handled the file, then you certainly put a smile on my face!

Great job!
    Ron Pearl

ronaldmpearl.com

myspace:

http://myspace.com/rmpearl

Stunningly beautiful piece indeed ! I enjoy this very much. Thank you.
    Kind Regards

Louis Dekker
    My Music Site

Pour être grand, il faut avoir été petit.

Quote Originally Posted by DDW
    Hi Del,

This is one of my favorite genres, and your composition just adds to that favoritism. Really nice work with both the Stradivari and the Gofriller (which I'm hoping to grab myself in the WOOT sale) along with the flute (which one was that?).

You didn't mention which brass library you used, but you added those instruments with caring subtlety and clarity, and at just the right point in your piece -- nice chords in there!

Serene, peaceful, very musical and creative, all in a very sensitive rendering. Great way to kick off the weekend. Thanks!

Danny
    Danny - Glad to hear you liked it. You owe it to yourself to get the Strad and Gofriller - I cannot imagine composing and playing without them!

Since I did this piece some time ago I could not remember which Library I used for the brass so I had to go back and look - It was VLC Orch that comes with Kontakt Sampler. I had to get Kontakt in order to be able to use the Strad at the time. Now they have the Kontakt Player so one does not have to buy the whole sampler. The flute was an alto flute I believe and from the "old or original" Miroslav Orch library.

Del, this is absolutely gorgeous work... the quality
    of the writing, the subtlety in the rendering, the
    whole shooting match.

You asked for suggestions? I have only one to
    offer you: Don't touch it... lol! It's a delight to
    the ear, one end to the other.

All my best,
    David
    David - you are too kind but I am basking though! I really enjoyed doing this piece (well I really enjoy doing all of them in different ways to be honest.) To be fair, most of us, including myself, would not be where we are musically today if it were not for the tireless encouragement given by yourself and many others who know who they are. We musicians have to frequently put our naked egos out there in order to learn and improve so encouragement goes a long way.
    Music happens to be an art form that transcends language. - Herbie Hancock

http://www.mdtcommunications.com

Del,

This is haunting and poignant; I feel it in the bones. As a long-time player of celtic harp, I must say that you've captured the true spirit here in your own original way.

Saraswati

This is indeed very beautiful, and done very very well.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast