• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Topic: Problem with GS3 Ensemble

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    32

    Problem with GS3 Ensemble

    Hello,
    I have a problem with my GS3 Ensemble. It was working fine a couple of weeks ago, then when I went to use it today, it won't load. It hangs up on the splash screen and won't ever finish loading.

    I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but the same thing happens. I also tried doing a restore point in Windows, but nada. Anyone have anything else I can try?

    P4 2.8GHz, 2GDDR
    XP SP2
    M-audio Delta 44
    GS3 installed on C: with samples installed on D: both internal IDE 7200rpm drives.
    Q6600 2.8GHz Quad Core
    WinXP Pro
    4G DDR RAM
    MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MKIII
    Sonar 8.5PE

  2. #2

    Re: Problem with GS3 Ensemble

    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle
    It was working fine a couple of weeks ago, then when I went to use it today, it won't load. It hangs up on the splash screen and won't ever finish loading.
    Hrm.....

    What, if anything, did you do between the last time you ran Giga successfully ("a couple of weeks ago"?) and now?

    Any Windows updates?

    Any changes made to any settings... within Giga, within whatever app came bundled with your sound card, within Windows, etc.?

    Install any new applications?

    Add any new samples? New VSTis?

    Think about any change or addition that you might have made to your system, no matter how trivial it may seem.

    .
    — alanb

    ...........................

    http://alanb.org

    http://www.myspace.com/arsperspicuus

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    32

    Re: Problem with GS3 Ensemble

    Thanks, Alan.

    Since it had been a couple of weeks there could have been any number of things added including windows updates and new vsts.

    however, I finally got it working. I found the Gigaclean utilitiy on the disk and used that before trying to reinstall. I then had a little bit of a hard time with the license because it would not reinstate my license from the backup, but after a few tries on the registration homepage at tascam, I finally got it going again.

    one thing I noticed, however, is that this time I cannot tweak my memory to a higher usage like I did last time. this time I have to use the default memory config, last time I had used OPTION #1 for >1.5G and was able to increase my memory usage in GS3 significantly. now I can't choose that one because other apps won't run in that mode and when I try to restart it blue screens on me. so I'm stuck with using the lower memory config.

    at least it's running again.
    Q6600 2.8GHz Quad Core
    WinXP Pro
    4G DDR RAM
    MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MKIII
    Sonar 8.5PE

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •