• Register
  • Help

Topic: Wallander fun!

Share/Bookmark

Wallander fun!

Has anyone got any experience with Wallander WIVI instruments? I used their trial and they seem too good to be true! AMAZING!

Hey btw. How do I go about putting my music online for you guys to hear?

Here's a 'yousendit' link for the time being.
    http://download.yousendit.com/2C6998081690A765

Chiseen

Re: Wallander fun!

I enjoyed your Cheesy Space Theme

I have the Wivi trumpets, trombones, concert flutes, A/Bb clarinets and I am very happy with them. While miracles don't exist, these instruments do let you do things that samples won't do (or won't do easily) and I think Arne's technology is definitely an interesting step forward.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

btw, the trumpets are Wallander....

Hey, LRC,

Would you say that the Wallander stuff is easier or more difficult to use or program than a traditional sample-based set.

Keep in mind I'm not a horn or wind player, either, so I'd be new at a breath controller...

Thanks a lot!

- A

Hi angelic, I'm not the OP but I just thought I'd tell you that I've found WIVI far easier to work with than samples. I own some really good sampled brass but WIVI just plays musically (and I'm using a modwheel instead of a breath controller).

Yep. Also using a modwheel, and having no problems.

~Sam
    ~Sam Ferrara~

Quote Originally Posted by angelic
    Hey, LRC,

Would you say that the Wallander stuff is easier or more difficult to use or program than a traditional sample-based set.

Keep in mind I'm not a horn or wind player, either, so I'd be new at a breath controller...

Thanks a lot!

- A
    Hi Angelic,

I'm a guitar player neither a keyboardist nor a horn/wind player and I find Wivi much easier to program than samples. Sometimes I create by recording midi data using the keyboard (and my miserable keyboard skills) coupled with the modwheel and pitchwheel, but I mainly draw in all the data with the piano-roll editor. With Wivi I can pretty much just work with the note data, the mod-wheel (or wherever you have assigned the breath parameter) and the pitchbend. For the most part, the rest of the settings are taken care of automatically by the Wivi model. The Wivi default model will do a very good job of automatically controlling the rest of the performance. There are a LOT of parameters that you can tweak if you want to but the beauty of the system is that you do not have to tweak them in order to get a realistic sound right out of the box. I find that I have to do a LOT more tweaking of a lot more CCs when I work with samples.

The Wivi demo is pretty complete and is the best way to get to know the instrument. It gives you almost complete access to all of the controls for the instruments. It has a limited range for the instruments (I think something like 2 octaves) but that range is enough to get an idea how the thing works. The thing that most people seem to complain about when using the demo is that the demo does not give you complete control over the reverb. The demo is permanently set to a reverb setting that can be changed by moving the instrument and the audience around the performance space but can never really be turned down to close to zero. Don't worry about this because in the full version you have VERY good control over just about every aspect of the reverb and can turn it to 100% dry (which is drier than a nominally dry sample library) and use an external reverb if you like. I heartily recommend that you try the demo. It is a pretty low risk way to decide if Wivi is right for you or not.

An added plus is the person behind Wivi. The developer, Arne W., is a very open, honest and competent person. He responds quickly to questions and gives impeccable customer support. Whether or not you like the Wivi instruments is a matter of taste and the type of work that you are doing, but I think that everyone would agree that Arne's customer care is n° 1.

Sorry if I start to sound like a fan-boi. I am just a satisfied customer and obviously your mileage may vary.
    Best regards,

Little Red King
    http://luridcactus.com/MusicPage.html

SO far, I've used the trumpets for solo work, and they are much easier to get a 'performance' out of than a sample library.

I also have SAM Solo Brass'. I found that WIVI excels at solos and the samples add a nice touch of realism for staccato, crescendo etc.

I just bought the oboe, too! Same applies, great for carrying the main melody because you can get so much expression.

That is why I LOVE this library soooo much! I just play the lines in on my wind controller and I am in heaven!

Very expressive and very easy to play in. Especially on a WX5!

Peace

rikp

Go Back to forum