• Register
  • Help

Topic: Would this be helpful ...

Would this be helpful ...

I've just listened to the latest Christmas offerings and wow they sound so good. Mine just don't come close to those (ok I've got one or two) but they are so real sounding. Is there any way that the original files could be shared either midi or hopefully if any are in FL7 format so that I (anyone) can understand what treatment is needed to make the difference between a computerised sound and a truly polished performance like those. Actually, it doesn't have to be confined to just those - if anyone wants to share a couple of secrets or two, please feel free; the favour will be reciprocated

Here's hoping, oh, and by the way, have a great Christmas / Holiday everyone.

Best regards Mike.

Re: Would this be helpful ...

For the best results, you need to spend a lot of time doing some very specific editing to all the MIDI parameters available to you with these instruments. They provide a lot of control over the "musicality" of the "performance" - crescendo, decrescendo, vibrato, phrasing, intonation, etc. Once you have that part of the equation nailed down, then there is the matter of creating the final "mix" where the volumes of all the instruments are balanced (to taste) and reverb, EQ, and/or compression is applied (to taste).

Many folks just enter the notes into Finale or Sibelius and leave it at that, and that's where so much of the "computer" sound originates.
    Paul Baker
    Baker's Jazz And More
    Austin, Texas, USA

Check out the threads I've started and have a listen to my tunes. If you think they're good enough to learn from, I'll send you the sources. (There aren't many FL Studio users here, if you haven't noticed )

There is the music of Johann Sebastian Bach. Therefore there must be a God. You either get this one or you don't - Kreeft & Tacelli
    The will to achieve is not sufficient. Some things should not be achieved. - Rimsky-Korsakov
    Musicians are just these guys that want to make music. Okay, they want to have a wonderful lifestyle, but the majority just want to make really great music. - Jon Anderson

Thanks for the replies. Chris - I'll check out your pieces thanks.

Go Back to forum