• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Topic: Is this the new Wivi Brass Library?

Share/Bookmark

Is this the new Wivi Brass Library?

Today I found this in another forum: http://151.9.77.18/trumpet.html

In the past, for me, Wivi sounded not real enough to me, but now I saw and listend to this.

I am very impressed. Is this the new wivi brass?

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Question Re: Is this the new Wivi Brass Library?

I also had a look at it.

To be honest I didn't think Wivi can be so easy to articulate and so naturally sounding...do you think it is?

If it's not a joke (it seems to be...but the amount of work to create the sync, seems to much just for a joke, then probably it's real...) it's quite interesting.

If it's Wivi, wow, such an improvement....

Re: Is this the new Wivi Brass Library?

No, it's not Wivi, it looks like like Giorgio Tommasini and Peter Siedlaczek are collaborating together. Are we allowed to post links to the company's website?

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    ... the amount of work to create the sync, seems to much just for a joke, then probably it's real...
    Well, the note data in the key editor certainly corresponds with what we are hearing (which I would bet money.. but not my own!.. is a real trumpet). If that's virtual, I am more than impressed.. staggered, morelike
    Cubase 5.1 | Cubase 4.5.2 | Digital Performer 7.0 | Mac OSX 10.5.8 || Mac "MDD" dual 1GB | 1.75GB RAM | MOTU PCI-424/2408mk3 | MOTU MidiTimepice AV

I found this info posted in the forum

http://northernsounds.com/forum/show...3&postcount=48

Quote Originally Posted by Fabio
    .....do you think it is?....
    I thought it was Wivi... .

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy B.
    No, it's not Wivi, it looks like like Giorgio Tommasini and Peter Siedlaczek are collaborating together. Are we allowed to post links to the company's website?
    Jeremy, where did you find this information? I have looked at bestservice in Germany but found nothing there..... .

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Maybe this link might help answer your questions.

http://www.samplemodeling.com/

EDIT: I see that the link has been posted on a number of forums now, so you probably know this anyway.

Cool Re: Is this the new Wivi Brass Library?

I read the site content, and I find it quite interesting!

Finally excellent sampling and synthetic modelling are joining in a so natural way:

I suppose everybody can agree that the amazing sound of physical modeling and synth (like Widi and Synful) still is a little dark and unnatural, even if surprisingly realistic and expressive.
    The other side, samples with incredibly good sound like in VSL VI for instance, still are not well joined togethere, givng always a feeling of repetition and patchwork instead of continous flow, and the expression is quite far from being flexible. Finally players like VSL are consuming crazy amount of HD space and CPU, resulting in very expensive and heavy setup, or slow and boring work flow (freezing, bouncing, mixing etc.).

I dream a full world of Stradivari or The Trumpet like instruments, responding in real time to your improvisation, and sequences ready to be carved with subtle nuances simply drawing controllers in the piano-roll view of my software...

If the developers are not making fun of us (by using a real trumpet player in the trailer) then this is the most intersting VSTi I have seen in a while (including WIVI which I find also quite fascinating).

I wonder if you can use the instrument to create sections as well, so I hope there are different trumpest sampled to avoid phasing when playing 2 instruments unisono.

What irritates me is that the Garritan cello and stradivari though they are not bad are not too convincing for my ears whereas this trumpet is almost perfect. Either a trumpet is a much easier instrument to emulate or the developers have extremely developed their algorithms.
    Very exciting indeed
    Best regards
    Raindog

Quote Originally Posted by Raindog
    What irritates me is that the Garritan cello and stradivari though they are not bad are not too convincing for my ears whereas this trumpet is almost perfect. Either a trumpet is a much easier instrument to emulate or the developers have extremely developed their algorithms.
    Very exciting indeed
    Best regards
    Raindog
    Both.

Trumpets are certainly easier to emulate than strings, but you also have to consider that the first patents for this technology were applied for in 2004. So the technique has obviously been developed and refined since then.

Go Back to forum