• Register
  • Help

Topic: Weird Midi Issue w/ProTools 7.1.1cs2 LE

Share/Bookmark

Weird Midi Issue w/ProTools 7.1.1cs2 LE

HI All,
    Encountering a very weird issue.

I have ProTools LE version 7.1.1cs2 installed on a Mac Pro (quad 2.66ghz) running OS X 10.4.9.

I had a session where I had SampleTank 2.1 SE inserted into a stereo Aux channel and then had 3 midi channels with the Outs mapped to this Aux. I had instruments set for midi channels 1-3. I saved the session and quit ProTools.

When I tried to open this session again I got the spinning beach ball when PT was trying to restore tracks. It turns out the program was not responding and I had to force quit.

I did all the regular maintenance on my Mac and that didn't help.
    I uninstalled SampleTank and was able to get into my session.
    I then reinstalled ST and set up the Aux and Midi again with ST (as described above). Ran into the same issue.

Further troubleshooting revealed the problem. If I set each midi channel manually to the ST chan1, ST chan2, etc. I can get back into my session just fine. However, if I use the shortcut (command+option+click) that sets the midi channels consecutively (i.e. selecting midi channel 1 on first midi track, then sets the following midi tracks to channel 2, channel 3, etc.) I run into the problem with the program not responding.

I spent hours googling this issue and checking forums and couldn't find a solution. Is this just an issue with this version of PT?

Thanks,
    Mike

Re: Weird Midi Issue w/ProTools 7.1.1cs2 LE

Quote Originally Posted by mbreidegam
    HI All,
    Encountering a very weird issue.

I have ProTools LE version 7.1.1cs2 installed on a Mac Pro (quad 2.66ghz) running OS X 10.4.9.

I had a session where I had SampleTank 2.1 SE inserted into a stereo Aux channel and then had 3 midi channels with the Outs mapped to this Aux. I had instruments set for midi channels 1-3. I saved the session and quit ProTools.

When I tried to open this session again I got the spinning beach ball when PT was trying to restore tracks. It turns out the program was not responding and I had to force quit.

I did all the regular maintenance on my Mac and that didn't help.
    I uninstalled SampleTank and was able to get into my session.
    I then reinstalled ST and set up the Aux and Midi again with ST (as described above). Ran into the same issue.

Further troubleshooting revealed the problem. If I set each midi channel manually to the ST chan1, ST chan2, etc. I can get back into my session just fine. However, if I use the shortcut (command+option+click) that sets the midi channels consecutively (i.e. selecting midi channel 1 on first midi track, then sets the following midi tracks to channel 2, channel 3, etc.) I run into the problem with the program not responding.

I spent hours googling this issue and checking forums and couldn't find a solution. Is this just an issue with this version of PT?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Mike, i'm a pc user, and i don't think if that short cut is available for pc at all. That's why i always do it manually, but i posted your message on few forums, and if any body had an answer for it, i'll post it on here.

If it worked out, it would be really nice to have such a short cut available.

Re: Weird Midi Issue w/ProTools 7.1.1cs2 LE

Quote Originally Posted by PROTOOLSGUY
    Mike, i'm a pc user, and i don't think if that short cut is available for pc at all. That's why i always do it manually, but i posted your message on few forums, and if any body had an answer for it, i'll post it on here.

If it worked out, it would be really nice to have such a short cut available.

So it turns out the issue wasn't what I thought it was. The problem occurs if you have more than 2 instruments loaded into one instance of SampleTank.
    I contacted support and they sent me an install for SampleTank 2.5 SE and that fixed the issue.

Go Back to forum