• Register
  • Help

Topic: Using jazz drumset sound w/Finale 2007

Share/Bookmark

Using jazz drumset sound w/Finale 2007

I don't know how to get the jazz drumset sound from JABB thru Finale and I'm not sure which instrument to pick from the "Instrument List" in the "Window" menu. All of the other instruments I'm using (saxes, bones, tpts, pno, bass, and guitar) I've got hooked up fine.

Please help!! Any input is much appreciated!!

Re: Using jazz drumset sound w/Finale 2007

Quote Originally Posted by moconnor5
    I don't know how to get the jazz drumset sound from JABB thru Finale and I'm not sure which instrument to pick from the "Instrument List" in the "Window" menu. All of the other instruments I'm using (saxes, bones, tpts, pno, bass, and guitar) I've got hooked up fine.

Please help!! Any input is much appreciated!!
    When using VST instruments in Finale, the Instrument List window's setting are completely bypassed/ignored. You must select your instruments and their _channel_ assignments in the Kontact Player. Drums are normally played on channel 10 (the other "channels" in Finale are only available if you are using MIDI output, which for drums means (if your MIDI ports/devices are setup up appropriately) that 10, 26, 42, 58, 74, 80, 96, 112, which even if using the same drumset/patch from the SmartMusic Softsynth, can then have independent values of MIDI controllers (Control Changes) sent, such as for volume (CC7), panning (CC10), reverb (CC91), chorus (CC93), etc.

Go Back to forum