• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sonar5.2 Can't Find Garritan JazzVST (SynthRack)

Share/Bookmark

Sonar5.2 Can't Find Garritan JazzVST (SynthRack)

Best Holiday Greetings to All ...

I'm experiencing an odd problem I can't quite put my finger on.

I just set-up a new replacement music PC. The new PC and the existing music PC both run WinXP-pro (32 bit), Sonar 5.2 and JABB with Update1 using KP1. There's also Finale 2007 and other apps. All is fine on the new PC if I run Sonar, create a new file and insert new VSTi instances of JABB. Everything plays and records predictably ... no problems. If I save the file and re-open it, all is perfect. That's the good news!

When I attempt to load an existing Sonar file from my old PC (which has multiple instances of JABB a la VSTi), I get the following error message:
    "Missing Plug-ins: The following Plug-ins are referred to by this project, but could not be found. They may be missing or improperly installed on your system". It then lists a "Garritan JazzVST (SynthRack)" for each instance of JABB in that file.

To make sure it wasn't something odd with my Sonar files, I attempted to load Tom's Gary Lindsay demo cwp files, with the same results. These same files play flawlessly on my existing PC.

The work-around is ... well, work! I install new instances of JABB (replicating the original pre-sets), then re-map the 23 affected MIDI tracks per Sonar file to the new hosts. But this would need to be done for each Sonar file.

Eventually, I will be installing Sonar 7, Finale 2008, et al, but first I need to get back to the same level I was at on my old machine. I'm in the middle of a colaborative project.

I've already removed and reinstalled JABB three times. Any ideas?

Thanks for any assistance!

Regards,

Frank

Re: Sonar5.2 Can't Find Garritan JazzVST (SynthRack)

This error is caused by the VST plugin not being in the same path on your new computer as it was on your old computer. Double check your drive names and locations on the old computer. You can copy the .dll file on your new computer to the same location it was on your old computer.

Jim

Thanks Jim.

I suspected something like this, so on the last install I had forced the VSTi plugin to the identical folder it was in on my old PC ('VSTPlugins' right in the 'Garritan Jazz Big Band' folder ... on the previous installs, it was auto-selecting my Sonar 5 plugins folder, which made sense).

Still no luck. I'm assuming the actual file in question is the Garritan JazzVST.dll? After your reply, I did a search of JazzVST.dll and it showed up four times on the old PC ... the above location, plus once each in 'FinaleVST' folders for Finale 2006, 2006a, and 2007 (2006 and 2006a seem to be dummy folders just to hold the JABB and GPO dll's as I had uninstalled those apps). I created the same folders on the new machine and matched the four locations slot for slot. The subject files are on the C-drive of both PC's, and not that it should matter, but the Sonar files are both on a D-drive (I also tried opening the Sonar files copied to the C-drive as well).

Can you think of anything else I can try? Is there any way I can reverse engineer where the JABB file is looking for the plug-in?

Also of note, the Tom Hopkins' demo files were not created (nor saved) on my old PC.

I did remember one other difference in the XP-pro: The old PC had Service Pack 1 and all updates just short of SP2. The new box has SP2.

Thanks again for your time and help Jim.

Frank

Make sure your samples are also in the same locations. The plugins will run into issues if those are different. I take it your using the Kontakt 1.5.3 player version and not the new Kontakt 2.2.3 version.

Jim

Hi Jim,

I can assure you that JABB resides in an identical structure on both my old and new PC's. I checked paths, files, dates, sizes, etc.

My Kontakt Player is 1.1.9.003 (If the version is the S/W number when you right click on 'Kontakt'. It's whatever comes out of the JABB 1.0 install ... it worked fine so I never even looked for an up-grade, although I will leap to 2.* when I hit a lull in my current project).

My investigation led to one piece of info that may give you a clue. I temporarily put my new PC on-line during the 'Garritan JazzVST (SynthRack)' error message. This is what it returned when I clicked 'on-line':
    -----------
    The following plugins were missing from your project.
    Plugin: Garritan JazzVST
    NO MATCH
    CLSID: 141AC902-4E47-6242-4741-525249547E32
    -----------
    This same CLSID came out whether I tried Tom's demo files, or my file created on the old PC.

I remembered that in the Sonar 5 folder on the old PC is a sub-folder labled 'Presets' that contained subfolders named {really long numbers}. Sure enough, this was one of the numbers/directories on the old PC ... when you selected the subject folder, it displayed files for each of the five JABB presets I had created for my projects ... one each for Saxes, Tpts, Tbs, Flutes, and Clarinets. I also noted that the preset files in the subject numbered folder had a time/date stamp of two days ago ... the last time I loaded a file that contained these presets (The Sonar file was not saved).

I tried copying this entire 'presets' directory over to the new PC (same path), but no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks for all the time you've already spent on this problem.

Frank

I've run into the same issue on my new machine. It looks like Kontakt is creating a new CLSID when you install it on the new machine. Probably creates it with regards to your hardware as copy protection. I've done some research but haven't ran into any solutions. So the only solution may be to just reload it again.

Jim

Go Back to forum