• Register
  • Help

Topic: ARIA Engine

Share/Bookmark

ARIA Engine

quick question. is this new ARIA player going to be strictly for Garritan products, or is it going to be something more like konakt where companies make their libraries compatible with?

then, are the current libraries going to work in the ARIA player, or just remain in the kontakt player? just curious. thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: ARIA Engine

The first ARIA powered project is the Steinway Authorized Piano.

We will keep the announcements one at a time.

ARIA can do almost anything done by current samplers, and then somethings no other sampler can do. In addition to sampling, it has modeling and synthesis capabilities. ARIA is flexible enough to do nearly anything we can dream of.

The question is what would YOU like it to do?

Gary Garritan

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

Gary Garritan
    Um, work with Finale?

More seriously, I like the ability to load samples from several Garritan libraries into a single player, because it means that if I want to change from an oboe in GPO to a saxophone in JABB, I don't need to change plugins.

I don't know how you can manage this with ARIA, especially if ARIA will not work with Finale, but it would sure be nice.

When the Steinway came up yesterday, one of the items listed was:

"works with supported notation programs"

It wasn't any more specific than that, though I would presume this means at least Finale and Sibelius.

JT

I would like ARIA to incorporate the "drag and drop" reverb-and-space placement mentioned in the "Real Spaces" project by Garritan, with many variable stage and hall design options.

I would also like for ARIA to provide a glitch-free transition from KONTAKT PLAYER and not be proprietary.

BTW, I loved the Go-round. Thanks for a great deal!
    In theory there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice there is.

http://reberclark.blogspot.com http://reberclark.bandcamp.com http://www.youtube.com/reberclark

I would like continuous timber control. Instead of having a GPO, CoMB, and JABB trumpet, there would be one trumpet that can serve all genres.

Will it support user scripts like the full Kontakt? Or will it just be like the Player?

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Koenig
    Um, work with Finale?

More seriously, I like the ability to load samples from several Garritan libraries into a single player, because it means that if I want to change from an oboe in GPO to a saxophone in JABB, I don't need to change plugins.

I don't know how you can manage this with ARIA, especially if ARIA will not work with Finale, but it would sure be nice.
    I would like it to work in finale also but Finale doesn't support full VST yet. I think this is something to do with the contract they have with NI.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Quote Originally Posted by Garritan

ARIA can do almost anything done by current samplers, and then somethings no other sampler can do. In addition to sampling, it has modeling and synthesis capabilities. ARIA is flexible enough to do nearly anything we can dream of.

Would it be too much to hope, then, that it could be sold as a full sampler that will open and manipulate at least NKI and GIG files? Other formats if desired and feasible, of course.

The musical world seems to need an economical alternative to the full Kontakt sampler -- and not only in the form of a few dedicated library-players. Is Aria developable in such a way?

Larry

I want ARIA to have the possibility to input audio stream too in addition to the Garritan instruments so that I could position my audio recordings on the same acoustic enviroment as my Garritan instruments. This way I can also save on buying the horribly expensive Altiverb.......

Same thing with instruments from other vendors: if I happen to have for example some percussion library from some other vendor, I need to be able to position it to the same space with Garritan instruments to be able to achieve a similar enviroment effect. This would be done by routing the audio output from the instrument to the ARIA player and then position some virtual speakers on the stage, each pair corresponding it's own stereo audio streaming into the plugin.

It's awesome to hear that the player also supports other methods than sampling. The future is here.

Go Back to forum