• Register
  • Help

Topic: New to the forum...

Share/Bookmark

New to the forum...

Hi there. This is my first time here. I own both JABB and GPO that I use with Band in a Box/Power Tracks. I would like to be able to save my files as .mid files and then use JABB/GPO as stand alones rather than having to go through BIAB, which is a pain. Is that possible?

Lightbulb Re: New to the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradshawm
    Hi there. This is my first time here. I own both JABB and GPO that I use with Band in a Box/Power Tracks. I would like to be able to save my files as .mid files and then use JABB/GPO as stand alones rather than having to go through BIAB, which is a pain. Is that possible?
    Hi Bradshawm,

Welcome to the forum!

I'm not using BIAB, but the PG Music website says that you can save your MIDI files for use in other programs. GPO and JABB don't play midi files on their own, but you should be able to use them with any sequencer.

Enjoy,

Grant
    ==============================
    Grant Green ||| www.contrabass.com
    Sarrusophones and other seismic devices

Re: New to the forum...

Quote Originally Posted by GDG
    GPO and JABB don't play midi files on their own, but you should be able to use them with any sequencer.
    Check out Reaper. Uncrippled shareware with a very reasonable license fee if you want to buy it.

Oh and welcome .

Welcome to the forum, Bradshawm!

Best Regards
    David

Hello Bradshawm,

A warm welcome to our forums.

I agree with Grant and Reegs. If you can save your files as MIDI files then open these in any sequencer that is able to support JaBB/GPO via VST such as Sonar or Cubase.

Good luck.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Bradshawm -

Just want extend a friendly "hello". This is, by far, one of the friendliest places to hang out, if or when you have the time.

Don't know anything about BIAB. It appears that other members can and will be helping you out. Good luck!

Ted
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

First of all, Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you on board.

PowerTracks is a sequencer and I'm sure you can import a midi file into it. BIAB will export a midi file. All you need to do is put the Kontakt Player VST into your PowerTracks as a destination for each of your midi tracks and you should be set to go. I don't use (or haven't for a long time) PowerTracks so I am not that familiar with how it is set up.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Okay, I downloaded the demo of PowerTracks. It was version 12 (I don't know if that is the latest version or not but that was what PGMusic had for its demo).

I was able to take a midi file from Band in a Box and I successfully loaded it into PowerTracks and used the Garritan Kontakt player as the output. Loaded instruments and set the channels correctly and it played extremely well.

It did crash on closing so I'm not sure if that is a bug or I didn't set up something correctly. I don't know the program and I didn't read the manual, but it seemed pretty straight forward.

All the best in your setup...
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Welcome Bradshawm!

Julie

Bradshawm,

A very warm welcome to the forum. As you see there are many helpful and knowledgeable people here.

We llok forward to your participation and hearing some of the music you make with these tools.

Wishing you Happy Holidays!

Gary Garritan

Go Back to forum