• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt 2.2.4

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt 2.2.4

Today I found out that an update is there at natives website for the Kontakt Sampler, now version 2.2.4

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Re: Kontakt 2.2.4

Gunther,

I'm running GPO and JABB, and can still only see 2.2.3, whether I use NI Service Center (which is still buggy) or the Support tab on their website.

Quote Originally Posted by DarwinKopp
    Gunther,

I'm running GPO and JABB, and can still only see 2.2.3, whether I use NI Service Center (which is still buggy) or the Support tab on their website.
    Darwin,

I think you mean the Kontakt "Player" who comes with GPO and JABB.

Here I am talking about the Kontakt "Sampler"

Many often there were missunderstandings because "player" and/or "sampler"... .

As I often said: I think it was better when the natives gave them more different names... .

But, I think a new version of Kontakt-Player 2.2.4 will come soon too. I have got one 2.2.4 with another instrument last week.

Best,

Gunther
    "Music is the shorthand of emotion." Leo Tolstoy

Listen to me, tuning my triangle http://www.box.net/shared/ae822u6r3i

Gunther,

Yes, I was thinking of the Player, not the Sampler. My mistake.

thanks for the info gunther!

Quote Originally Posted by germancomponist
    Today I found out that an update is there at natives website for the Kontakt Sampler, now version 2.2.4

Gunther
    Hello Gunther,

Thanks for the information.

Thing is, when the Kontakt Player 2.2.4 is released, will it break Gary's libraries that are working well in 2.2.3?

I also have Kontakt 2 but am reluctant to go with the new update until I know for sure that this too will work with Gary's libraries.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

So have we sorted this out?

I have the 2.2.4 Kontakt PLAYER updater downloaded & am ready to install once I hear that it does not break all my Garritan libraries.

I also have the 2.2.4 updater downloaded for the FULL Kontakt. Does it destroy anything?

Thanx...
    Snorlax.

EDIT: Well, they seem to be mostly useless stuff...why does the WIN updater specify OSX, though...is that for the hybrid computers?
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Quote Originally Posted by snorlax View Post
    So have we sorted this out?

I have the 2.2.4 Kontakt PLAYER updater downloaded & am ready to install once I hear that it does not break all my Garritan libraries.

I also have the 2.2.4 updater downloaded for the FULL Kontakt. Does it destroy anything?

Thanx...
    Snorlax.

EDIT: Well, they seem to be mostly useless stuff...why does the WIN updater specify OSX, though...is that for the hybrid computers?
    Well I downloaded the Kontakt Player 2.2.4 and installed it yesterday. Everything seems ok so far .. but it could be early days yet.

I also have the full Kontakt 2 and have downloaded the 2.2.4 but haven't installed this yet.
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

I have been using KP 2.2.4.001 for a couple of months now. I find it no different than 2.2.3. The same crashes that I experienced under earlier versions of the Kontact Player happen in this Kontakt Player as well.

I save my work often! I have been told by my sequencer makers gurus that I need to reformat my OS hard drive and re-install everything than my system will be A-OK. I guess these guys think musicians have'nt got anything better to do with their time but re-install software. Maybe I'll just go and watch some paint dry tonight.

I am serious about the Kontakt Player though. The new version does function as well or better than 2.2.3 for me.
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Well, I'm gonna wait or not mess at all based on what you're saying!

Everything seems to work well on this machine, even to the point that GPO 1 and 2 coexist peacefully as do JABB 1 and 2, thanks to hardlinks.

Thanx for the info, guys!

Snor

PS--I've worked on personal computers from a breadboard S-100 bus up to a core 2 duo...I have NEVER "reinstalled the OS" or reformatted the HD when told to do so by a lazy tech. In the days of the TRS-80 Model I, how could I have reformatted the tape drive???
    Jim Williams
    Professor of Capitalism
    N9EJR
    Indianapolis Brass Choir
    All Your Bass Sus&Short Are Belong to Us.

Go Back to forum