• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Gently Falls The Evening Snow

Gently Falls The Evening Snow

My wish for peace of mind and spirit to all of you here, especially this time of year.

My attempts at a peaceful piece of "Christmasy" music (lots of tinkly stuff) for you turned more schmaltzy than peaceful I'm afraid, but the sentiment is still the same.

This is Gently Falls the Evening Snow with a most definitely peaceful picture to relax to while you listen.

(all Garritan) --

GPO: harp, celeste, handbells, orchestra bells, percussion toys, piano, violins/violas/cellos, solo cello, English horn, piccolo trumpet, solo cello (soon to be switched to the "Go-Round Gofriller" as soon as it arrives!)

JABB: soprano sax, flute, alto flute, fretless bass

Happy Holidays to all!

Re: Gently Falls The Evening Snow

Just beautiful Danny!!!

Peaceful,serene and a delight to listen to.

I see a family sitting around the tree with the fire ( in the fireplace) crackling on the side with the stockings hanging neatly, ready to be filled. Garland made of holly and pine boughs, adorns the mantle. The lights on the tree are twinkling and the children are readying for bed so that santa may bring them their dreams and wishes.

You have painted a wondeful picture here.

Well Done

Danny -

This is BEAUTIFUL!!

It put this tired (and sometimes cranky soul) in my "happy place". There are three words that come to my mind to help describe this piece: 1) Gentle, very, very gentle and, 2) Caring. . . for some reason, I was picturing a mother holding her child in a warm, loving embrace while listening to this music and, 3) Theaputic. . . I needed calm and this music a very calming.

Nicely done. And, thank you for sharing your music!

Warm regards and Happy Holidays!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Shelton, Washington State

Schmaltz or schmalz is rendered pig, chicken, or goose fat used for frying or as a spread on bread in German cuisine. The brown fatty residue left in the pan after frying bacon is schmalz (although the melted fat that is usually referred to as schmalz has a whitish color). Yummy!

It's that time of the year for indulging in sinful pleasures and even if this was a little schmaltzy I enjoyed it.

At the beginning it sort of reminded me of the music for the video game Bugdom that came with the original iMac. I always thought the music for that game was really neat. It made you feel like a kid.

You have succeeded in what you planned it to sound like. It could also well describe the soft and quiet rain fall here this morning...
    The overall gentle sound and repetitions create a very peaceful atmosphere. The ending is just great!
    Thanks for a very enjoyable 'first-thing-in-the-morning' listen!

This is really lovely. Heartwarming. Wonderful.

Thank you for sharing this.

I love this. Thank you for posting!

All your strings belong to me!

Dallas, TX

Thumbs up Re: Gently Falls The Evening Snow

Danny it is beautiful! I agree it's perfect and it fits the picture you posted. I'll add this to my favorites to listen for Christmas.

Here we would like it to snow for Christmas, then go back to the summer like weather we have had for the last two days.

I hope everyone in places that is getting lots of winter will be able to stay warm, this tune should help.

Such a lovely way to start the morning! Thank you for that. Wonderful writing/arranging/rendering - you master all three areas with an apparent ease (I'm sure it is harder than it sounds); but, the end result is just magical.

It seems funny to say bravo for such a beautiful and gentle piece, but what the heck, BRAVO!
    Ron Pearl

Wow! That is really nice, Mr. Danny. You did some fine writing. I especially enjoyed your fretless bass and soprano sax work!

What an excellent composer you are!

My best,

Larry G. Alexander

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast