• Register
  • Help

Topic: Spectrasonics - is this typical of how you do business?

Share/Bookmark

Spectrasonics - is this typical of how you do business?

Bad. VERY Bad.
    I did not come here to bash anyone, but seeing as though I feel like venting...

12/13 I get an email with an "XPANDED" Special License Offer. I dedcide to go for it, and make the purchase. I get TWO emails from techshop@spectrasonics.net confirming my order. Curious as to whether or not I accidentaly was charged twice, I decided to call the office. Each call I made was answered by "ip office". I have left THREE tactful (maybe not the third) and detailed messages with a phone number, but still have not received a return phone call. I can understand one call slipping through the cracks, but three? It is obvious I am getting blown off here. Why? If I was charged twice - I am sure it was an honest mistake, and it's not a big deal. But to not call someone back - especially when a returning customer inquires about their bill - is a VERY GOOD WAY to lose that customer - for good.

Just an FYI.

Re: Spectrasonics - is this typical of how you do business?

Well despite their huge sounds, spectrasonics is smaalllll company. I'm sure they don't have tons of extra staff hanging around. Maybe they heard your voice mail and thought "no he wasn't charged twice - it's okay" then never called you back. Maybe you should try an email. MAYBE what you could do is check your online statement and see if you were charged twice. And IF you were you could call and say "I checked my online statement and i've been charged twice, could you PLEAASE call me back so we can get to the bottom of this".

OR - Maybe you weren't charged twice and you can say "oh I wasn't charged twice, I over reacted due to all the Holiday stress... whew everything's cool".

Maybe, for all you know the whole spectrasonics team was out buying a Bicycle for Eric's child - who knows. it's christmas. I say spread some christmas cheer, be nice, be patient, and the whole world will be a better place!

1. For what its worth...I got two emails as well. And I was NOT charged twice as far as I can tell.

2. With the holidays approaching I would seriously cut them some slack. If they did charge you twice, I am 100% confident they will fix the problem. (If not, you can always do it on your credit card end). Spectrasonics has a history of treating their customers well and being very fair. Not being able to get them on the phone the week before Christmas is (in my opinion)...not enough to warrant the anger I can read in your post. I would just say to you that it will work out. Don't let it ruin your holidays. Take some deep breaths.
    Regards,
    Brian W. Ralston

Check out my new FREE iPhone App! Click Here!

Quote Originally Posted by behmoth1
    Bad. VERY Bad.
    I did not come here to bash anyone, but seeing as though I feel like venting...

12/13 I get an email with an "XPANDED" Special License Offer. I decide to go for it, and make the purchase. I get TWO emails from techshop@spectrasonics.net confirming my order. Curious as to whether or not I accidentaly was charged twice, I decided to call the office. Each call I made was answered by "ip office". I have left THREE tactful (maybe not the third) and detailed messages with a phone number, but still have not received a return phone call. I can understand one call slipping through the cracks, but three? It is obvious I am getting blown off here. Why? If I was charged twice - I am sure it was an honest mistake, and it's not a big deal. But to not call someone back - especially when a returning customer inquires about their bill - is a VERY GOOD WAY to lose that customer - for good.

Just an FYI.
    Am I correct in understanding that this all happened in one afternoon?

One thing for sure is that no one is blowing you off.

The Techshop staff was busy today filling orders, so if they weren't able to handle your live calls or to call you back in the same day you left the messages, then your call is in the cue to be returned in the morning with the info you requested.

Thanks for your patience. Happy Holidays. :-)

spectrum

PS. If you waited for more than a day for a reply to an email or a phone message, then please let me know what happened so that we can correct the problem. (Maybe an extension in ip office is not working correctly or something like that) That would be really unusual though as all the calls and emails have been coming through and have been returned very quickly. There's no a big backlog right now. Let me know if you don't get a reply soon from the staff. We've got quite a full staff to help users with any kind of problem they are experiencing.

You can also get help directly through the tech support email:

info@spectrasonics.net

or you can call them directly:

888-870-4223 Toll Free
    818-955-8444

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    Am I correct in understanding that this all happened in one afternoon?
    Absolutely incorrect. I would NEVER call a co. three times in one day to begin with. The first call I placed was the day I placed the order, the next two days later, and the third on the 18th.

Understandably you are busy - heck I got a UPS tracking # via email the next day - the 14th. This means you shipped it out promptly - thank you. But to not return three phone inquiries is just wrong.

Happy Holidays. :-)

Re: behmoth1 - is this typical of how you behave on forums?

I did not come here to bash anyone
    It certainly appears that way from your first and second posts.

Perhaps you might try a more calm, "adult" approach, because your tone is not doing you any favours.
    Even though Eric will still be just as courteous and helpful regardless of how a customer behaves ;-)

I am sure that it is not Eric's intention to "blow you off."

You must understand that despite how it looks, Spectrasonics is only a small company.
    Also, as was suggested it's Christmas... people are busy.
    Heck, Eric probably has a bazillion orders to get out of the door for customers.

Oh and welcome to the forums, if you intend to stick around.

Ben H

Absolutely incorrect. I would NEVER call a co. three times in one day to begin with. The first call I placed was the day I placed the order, the next two days later, and the third on the 18th.

Understandably you are busy - heck I got a UPS tracking # via email the next day - the 14th. This means you shipped it out promptly - thank you. But to not return three phone inquiries is just wrong.
    I apologize about the problem. That was certainly not intentional.

We've looked for any messages that match your description and haven't been able to locate them in our system. There's not any outstanding unreturned calls, so I'm not sure how all your calls got missed. There must be something in our system that isn't being recorded or monitored....strange because we are getting lots of messages and calls. This is the first reported problem.

Can you explain how you left the message? I'd really like to get to the bottom of this issue, so that it doesn't happen with anyone else. To do so, we need your feedback.

If you could either let us know what you did when you left the messages, that would be most appreciated.

info@spectrasonics.net

Thanks and once again, sorry that your messages were not received. That is definitely not typical of how we do business.

Cheers,

spectrum

Eric,

As always: you rock!

Your products are outstanding and your personal involvement in ALL aspects of your business, including minor issues like this one, really are an example for all producers and vendors.

Thanks for all your contributions!

Cheers,

Peter

Go Back to forum