• Register
  • Help

Topic: EXS24 and Sam Brass???

Share/Bookmark

EXS24 and Sam Brass???

i have a quick question for anyone with EXS24 and Sam Brass. i heard rumors of garritan joining up with project sam and so forth, but i just can't wait anymore. i don't want to buy a sampler and spend the extra money since i have logic pro and sam makes files for the exs24, but i just don't know how it will work in there. i don't really understand the technical stuff, but i always hear people talk about scripting and some players are better than others, but i thought that a sample sounds company would make their things sound equally good on all players, is this not the case? any feedback on this would be a huuuuuge help. thanks.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Re: EXS24 and Sam Brass???

A few weeks ago I was looking for good horns, my thoughts went to Project Sam as well.

However, I decided to try the WIVI demo and I was hooked. Can't recommend it enough.

And, the "tweakability" of the sounds in the registered version is really, really awesome. (Plus it's light CPU usage and very modest RAM requirements.)

Not what you wanted to hear perhaps but I thought I'd give you another angle...

Best
    Thomas
    We are the musikmakers, we are the dreamers of dreams.
    -Willy Wonka

www.lavergren.com
    Follow me on Twitter!

Keith,

SAM's brass works great in EXS. The Kontakt version might be more sophisticated and benefit from Kontakt's scripting feature, but everything that makes ProjectSAM's brass as great as it is, is fully present in the EXS-version as well.
    And as always: EXS' limitations are also what makes it so attractive to use: it's incredibly fast and doesn't tax the system as much as Kontakt is often known to do.

In short: if you like to have good sampled (orchestral) brass for EXS, you really can't do much better than buy the SAM packages.

_

Quote Originally Posted by Piet De Ridder
    Keith,

SAM's brass works great in EXS. The Kontakt version might be more sophisticated and benefit from Kontakt's scripting feature, but everything that makes ProjectSAM's brass as great as it is, is fully present in the EXS-version as well.
    And as always: EXS' limitations are also what makes it so attractive to use: it's incredibly fast and doesn't tax the system as much as Kontakt is often known to do.

In short: if you like to have good sampled (orchestral) brass for EXS, you really can't do much better than buy the SAM packages.

_
    I totally agree.
    Composer, Logic Certified Trainer, Level 2,
    author of "Going Pro with Logic Pro 9."

www.jayasher.com

thanks a lot everyone. i appreciate your comments, so maybe i'll go ahead and do it.

i heard WIVI by the way, and i really do like it. i just think i like sam better. its not that its a better sound, just more of a sound that i want - something big, and i love the swells and stuff like that.

i'm just a little shocked that sam doesn't have muted french horns. that in itself might be a reason not to get it in my opinion. but i still might be so hooked by all the rest that i'll overlook that little inconvenience.

thanks again for the help.
    -Keith Fuller

http://keithfullermusic.com
    ---
    iMac Quad i7 * MacBook Pro * Logic Studio 9 * WD 320GB & 1TB Externals@7,200RPM * Presonus Firebox * M-Audio Axiom 25 & Keystation 61 * Rode NT1-A * Epiphone Hollowbody * Fender Amp * KRK Rokit 8's

Go Back to forum