• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: A Star Shone Bright

Share/Bookmark

A Star Shone Bright

Here is the first movement in a 5 movement work I currently developing. It will be part of a Christmas Suite for Strings. I have already posted the 2nd movement called "As By Night Shepherds Watch" earlier on this board.

Here is: A Star Shone Bright

for those that have tried to load my work before this is on BOX.net and is more user friendly (Thanks rbowser)
    We dream to write and we write to dream.

Challenge #10 Winner

Re: A Star Shone Bright

That's a lovely piece you have there. I think you have got some pretty good timing going on. I thought it was going to have a dry (as in more reverb needed) sound to begin with but when the other instruments come in, it isn't the case, it's fine.

Rgds.
    Mike.

Thanks Mike. I am writing for a specific group. I warmly welcome your comments.

Challenge #10 Winner

This is great to see you back so soon with more music for us, Bill.

Beautiful - What a good mood setting opening movement for the project you described. Isn't it interesting how many of our favorite Christmas pieces are in a minor key, and have a gentle melancholy to them?

And GReat that you availed yourself of Box. It really is so nice, simple and direct.

BUT--Here's an experienced Box user tip for you. If the listener leaves the Box player unattended, whatever is next in the same folder will start playing, like a juke box.

So as soon as "Star" was over, it started playing "Didac"--Simple solution - You need each piece in its own folder.

Very nice string work, Bill--Thanks!

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

Quote Originally Posted by rbowser-
    BUT--Here's an experienced Box user tip for you. If the listener leaves the Box player unattended, whatever is next in the same folder will start playing, like a juke box.

So as soon as "Star" was over, it started playing "Didac"--Simple solution - You need each piece in its own folder.

Randy B.
    (rbowser)
    Thanks rbowser, I didn't know that. I will make the changes.

Thanks for your comments as always. You are right, many of the prettier carols are in minor keys (What Child Is This) - I guess because it gives them an old and ageless feel.

Challenge #10 Winner

Bill

Wonderful music. The more I stick around here listening, the less I say Bah Humbug.
    I like the reference to The little drummer boy in here as well.

Ah Dirac sea is back so, I can go back to Bah Humbug!!!

Well done

Ron

Thanks Ron for the comments (even if the 'bah-humbug' of the Dirac Sea interupted your mood.) No one's caught that reference yet (Little Drummer).

Thanks again for the comments.

Challenge #10 Winner

Just wonder why I am the 'black sheep' here - have a great Christmas. Sorry if I am a bore!

Challenge #10 Winner

"...Just wonder why I am the 'black sheep' here - have a great Christmas. Sorry if I am a bore!..."

--What?

What are you talking about, Bill?---

Randy B.
    (rbowser)

My Dirac Sea - Bah Humbug - is a dark piece, makes me feel like a 'black sheep' Just a silly comment about the darker pieces I write.

Challenge #10 Winner

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast