• Register
  • Help

Topic: Opinions wanted on RMX upgrade!

Share/Bookmark

Opinions wanted on RMX upgrade!

I have a limited budget when it comes to buying music software and would like you opinions if you have a second. I have been eyeballing the RMX expanded offer. I own RMX and Liquid Grooves and could get the rest of the expanders for $99. Seems like a no brainer but with NAMM coming up I wonder if the $99 would be better saved. I own EZ Drummer with the Latin, DKFH, Nashville, Twisted Kit, and Claustophobia expansion packs. I have had my eye on Metamorphis for quite some time and could get this as well as Burning Grooves, Back Beat and Retro Grooves but feel I may have a lot of this already covered? Spectrasonics stuff is always great but the Toontrack stuff is too. Should I wait and see what my limited funds will get me at NAMM (Atnosphere 2 upgrade?) or should I add to the gigabytes of drum stuff I already have? Will I be kicking my self down the road that $99 isn't that much cash (tell this to my wife!)

Thanks for any insight!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com
    "Every time you play a wrong note God kills a kitten."

Re: Opinions wanted on RMX upgrade!

I have all but 2 expanders (including the Ilio stuff) and I find them useful. I use them often - though not on every track. I guess it boils down to what you do most and where you think your $$$ is best spent. If there are new products at NAMM they'll still be here in 9 months - but the expanders may be back up to $500 for the package - so.... weigh that as well I guess. I'm at that strange spot on the expander upgrades - I don't really save THAT much becasue I already own most of them. Oh well - I'll still probably annie up and get the last 2...

It is TOTALLY worth it. There's great stuff even in the expanders that I wasn't too stoked about. I think you'll be kicking yourself later if you don't jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by J. Whaley
    ....but the expanders may be back up to $500 for the package...
    It is indeed a very short limited offer for registered users only. It's not very likely to ever happen again.

We are really only doing this special offer to ease the transition to the new RMX Xpanded package by doing something cool for our existing users.

$99 will continue to be the normal price of individual Xpanders for quite some time.

So if you have any interest in completing your collection of Spectrasonics Xpanders, and you are eligible for the offer....I'd highly recommend doing it before the deal ends.

It's the only time we've ever done this type of thing in 14 years, so it's pretty much a one-time thing.

Cheers!

spectrum

I caved...

Eric can you use Backbeat, Burning Gooves, and Retro Funk in Kit mode? I know they are not super multi velocity and stuff but your stuff always sounds so good I was hoping I could use the sounds to create my own grooves. (I'm a drummer)

Thanks for the nice present Eric. Looking forward to Metamorphis!

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

All of the SAGE Xpanders contain Groove Elements, but not Kit Modules.

You can play the slices in Slice Menu mode to create new grooves if you like.

I caved a while back on this deal and should recieve the remaining four SAGE expanders today for my $99. This is one heck of a deal and I think it's great Eric, that you are letting people know that this isnt a deal that'll be around again. By the way, why hasnt anyone posted about the ILIO sale this month. I've never seen your stuff on sale before but I think everything SPECS-wise is 20% off this month there isnt it? What a great month for colecting samples abroad. Seems ironic though that this is the season of giving in which we are all being so heavily tempted to give to ourselves . Thanks anyway. CAnt wait to see the big reveal. Too bad I'm sure I'll be broke by then.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by EricWatkins
    CAnt wait to see the big reveal. Too bad I'm sure I'll be broke by then.

Eric
    +1
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Quote Originally Posted by spectrum
    All of the SAGE Xpanders contain Groove Elements, but not Kit Modules.

You can play the slices in Slice Menu mode to create new grooves if you like.

Eric,

Bummer! Are kit modules planned for future upgrades?

Darren
    www.darrenpasdernick.com

Anything is possible, but the Kit mode in RMX is currently pretty limited.

Go Back to forum