• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gary Go Round Elegy

Gary Go Round Elegy

Many forum members have alluded to a post-go-round shock/withdrawal, which mood I have attempted to capture in this crazy piece:

Gary Go Round Elegy

This is a companion piece to my Gary Go Round (fantasy), and the Elegy really cannot be appreciated (if at all) without first hearing the fantasy. They are very similar to each other.

The original Gary Go Round Fantasy can be found in this thread

or via direct link to the mp3

Re: Gary Go Round Elegy

Congratulations YBaCuO - the two pieces summed up my state of mind during and after the Go-Round perfectly ! Like other people commenting on your first piece, I'm really intrigued by how you composed them. Please give us a hint !

Lol--YIKES, YBaCuO - that's one frantic piece!

It's the sound of everyone all over the world who bought new Garritan libraries working like crazy on new music - heard all at once, right? hehe--

Really liked your Gary Go Round piece too - great compliment to it, this. Thanks!

Randy B.

Wilton, NH

I think they are both a little too static. You should have a little more motion, maybe a lot of quick scalar passages or something.

Seriously, I really liked these. I think the second one really did a lot to complete the first – you can’t have one without the other.
    Trent P. McDonald

Quote Originally Posted by YBaCuO

This is a fascinating piece of music even without the background represented by the title. I enjoyed it very much. Thanks for sharing.

Jun Yamamoto
    Tokyo, Japan

Usually I have some idea why I like a piece, YBaCuO,
    but I have absolutely no idea why I enjoyed this one.

I just sat here and let the rushing textures and shifting
    colors wash over me... nodding at the various motivic
    elements as they careened by, enjoying the broader scheme
    of the soundscape.

Interesting piece!

My best,

Very, very similar pieces. Frantic, dramatic and almost cinematic in nature this piece delves into the underside of the orchestral stave and seizes the listener by the throat. Interesting is what someone said. Fascinating, and titillating.

I'm not quite sure what to make of it. Parts of it are great, parts of it are something else entirely, but I'm not sure what.

A longer contrasting section earlier would seal the fate of the unknown.

It sounds a lot like the stuff I write and am to timid to post here.

Yep! As others have mentioned, both of your composition captured the "Gary Go Round" frenzy!! It was a delightful listen for me! I am at awe to how wonderful and skillfully you used the entire "orchestral sonic spectrum" (for lack of a better way to define it) to musically represent the Gary Go Round experience.

Please forgive me, but I DO have a question or two. . .

It's only been a little under a week since the Gary Go Round ended. Did you write this piece AFTER the Go Round? If so, how did you write it so quickly?? There are lots and lots and lots and lots of notes played by lots and lots of different instruments. Was this more of an improvised composition/orchestration, sequencing it off the "top of your head" or did you write the notes down for each instrument?? In the end, it really doesn't matter HOW you composed/orchestrated this piece. It is quite impressive to me no matter HOW it was done. But I got to know how you did it!

Even if I had only basic rough sketches written down for a composition/orchestration such as this, I'd still be writing the first few minutes of the music at this point in time.

Well done. . . and thank you for sharing your music!!

Happy Holidays!

Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Shelton, Washington State

It's sounds like you're throwing bed crumbs at a pack of scurrying rats on the first one and recapturing it all on the second.

But I thought it was suppose to be fun for all.

Go Back to forum